Florida Manatee People at work again!!! >

Florida Manatee People at work again!!!

Notices

Florida Manatee People at work again!!!

Old 08-01-2003, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ModMachine
Maybe that group should take a lesson from the LLC.
I understand when Offshore was under attack from these same folks in Florida,the LLC was able to work it out WITH them,by inviting them in and letting them control part of the race program and by letting them know boat racers are not the enemy of the manatee.
Mod,

This group doesn't need to take any lessons from anyone as they have been doing this for 16yrs. They have major sponsorship deals with Hooters and other groups for pay out money at each race and year end bonus money for points championships. The problem is these groups will not work with you on any inland water ways, as we don't go Offshore where the manitee arn't they won't work with us at all.

Grin
Old 08-01-2003, 08:31 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Grin&Barrett
Mod,

. The problem is these groups will not work with you on any inland water ways, as we don't go Offshore where the manitee arn't they won't work with us at all.

Grin
===========
Sorry .....I do not understand the wording of this portion of your post??

Won't work with WHO?? About what??

Thanks
Old 08-01-2003, 08:34 PM
Registered

This is one subject that burns my ass. I don't think there is a single person in the Save the Manatee Club that knows how, or what is, the truth. Here's some truth for you save the Manateeers. Over the last 10 to 15 years the Manatee population has increased by over 300 %, WHILE AT THE SAME TIME BOATING REGISTRATIONS AND BOAT USEAGE HAS SKYROCKETED. Think about that. More boats plus more manatees. We must have been doing something right. Think Laura Combs will admit to that though. Yeah, and the moon is made of green cheese. The biggest difference is that boaters do care about the manatees, but the Save the Manatee Club doesn't give a fu*k about boaters, the boating economy, or anything that doesn't fit into their agenda, which is to eliminate recreational boating from Florida. Talk about zealots, these are the worst of the bunch, in this country anyway. I have two words for the Save the Manatee Club, "up yours".
Old 08-02-2003, 08:53 AM
Registered

Originally posted by gdfatha
===========
Sorry .....I do not understand the wording of this portion of your post??

Won't work with WHO?? About what??

Thanks
gdfatha,

What I was trying to say is, they may work with the LLC because Offshore doesn't run on the inland water ways the way we do so the Envirmentalist don't feel we will be safe for wetlands wildlife and will not work with us for a compromise that work for both sides.

Grin
Old 08-02-2003, 04:53 PM
Registered

Wow I lived in Cape Coral for 8 yrs and thought about moving back last year but this stuff changed my mind. The Manatee huggers will destroy what was a great boating area as well as the waterfront economy.
Manatees move extrememly slowly, even off plane you can hit one and now your prop is much lower in the water making it a better chance of causing damage.
I guess we should all paddle around in canoes like those *******s.
Another fact, if the Manatee population grows too large they will destroy the grassbeds, which they eat, and damage the fish population.
The large boating community needs to get much more vocal in the political arena.

Manatee....Natures speed bump