Steering wheel with switches >

Steering wheel with switches

Notices

Steering wheel with switches

Old 08-03-2003, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Steering wheel with switches

There was a company that sold steering wheels with trim switches bulit in to the spokes. Can anyone help me out on where I can find then. I know there are switches that can mount to the wheel, but I'm trying to find that wheel. HELP!
Old 08-03-2003, 06:01 PM
Registered

Cool

CRT (cordless rotory trim) are sold by GT Performance in Montclair (909) 982-8391 and Rex, (909) 392-7300. Both offer many styles of steering wheels...
Old 08-03-2003, 06:54 PM
Registered

B&N: Have you tried 'em? I'm in the market for same.
Old 08-03-2003, 08:24 PM
Registered

Cool

Peconic, many times. I'm a part time test driver for GT Performance, and he's installed many; two and three switch styles (trim, tabs or both). Its neat doing these functions without taking your hands off the wheel...
Old 08-03-2003, 08:35 PM
Registered

Thanks Burt, Yeah I saw the cordless unit on Rex, but the are for switches mounted on the spokes. This may be the solution, but I thought there was a manufacturer that that produced a rocker switch within the the wheel itself. Thanks again!
Old 08-04-2003, 11:59 AM
Registered

Thanks, Burt. Heading on over to GT Performance.

There used to be an outfit that made truly cordless units, RF buttons that sent a signal into a relay box. Was an interesting concept, but I believe not too many shared that opinion. Looks like they did bite the dust.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:10 PM
Interactive Tec

We might be the company you are looking for. We build a "wireless" system that puts the toggle switches into the steering wheel. This product was featured at the Doller Offshore Booth at the Miami Boat Show in 2002. You can set the system to control trims, drives even stereo controls. Right now this product is being incorporated in the steering wheel and will be available for purchase this year. I'll definately provide more info as it's available, but unfortunately we are in the middle of negotiations and I've already probably said too much. :-) You can view some of our products at: ideasthatfloat.com the site is undergoing a current "update" as we speak.

Old 08-04-2003, 06:31 PM
Registered

You just might be! The toggles I'm not to kean on, but I'm open. You may want to think about momentary on rockers. When myght your unit be available? Is your wireless unit easily adaptable for any switched devise? Are you located in South Florida?
Old 08-04-2003, 07:02 PM
Registered

Interactive: I'm interested if properly implemented. Basically, keyfob technology, RF units talking to a multi-channel relay box. Pleas PM me for details.

All: Here are some links from my collection.

http://www.grantproducts.com/rfcontrols.html
http://www.painlessperformance.com/rfcenter.htm
http://www.grantproducts.com/rfcontrols.html
Old 08-05-2003, 04:01 PM
Interactive Tec

The switches are "momentary" rockers and water-proof. The system will be available soon as both a complete wheel and a retro-fit system.

Peconic: Our system is quite similar to the two systems you reference. The differences are that our systems are completely "marinized" and allow for much more flexibility. ie... built in reverse-polarity- for linear actuators (hatch), programmable timed outputs (blower), momentary (spot light, winlass), and latched (lights, etc). Individual modules can "talk" to each other to perform macro type executions. All these functions can be controlled by the buttons on the steering wheel or with a water-proof key fob type remote.

Quick Reply: Steering wheel with switches

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.