Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake Champlain 2003 Milk Run Pics & Stories! >

Lake Champlain 2003 Milk Run Pics & Stories!

Notices

Lake Champlain 2003 Milk Run Pics & Stories!

Old 08-03-2003, 01:08 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Standard equipment for a little fast rig!!! LOT'S A TOOLS
Attached Thumbnails Lake Champlain 2003 Milk Run Pics & Stories!-dscf0044.jpg  
Old 08-03-2003, 01:18 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well here we have a similar picture of what "the Doc" was running, sorry we did not get a shot of that nice rig. I think it is a '98 Eliminator 33 with 600CID 725 ft/# of torque Normally aspirated engines with extension boxes with, is everyone sitting down,,,Bravo drives. When sterndrivespec heard that it was like fingernails on a blackboard!!!

John told us Friday night during dinner that he has obviously been thru a few shafts in those Bravo's.
I observed "just have to find a few more cavities to pay for those shafts!!!!"
For dinner John had salt with wings sprinkled over it!

Very nice gentelmen, him and Airpacker talked at lenght about the finer points of tunning eliminator boats. However the salt must help cause Doc John was in great shape Saturday where Sean(Airpacker) looked a little rickled! (Doc John did go to bed 3 hours before Sean)
Attached Thumbnails Lake Champlain 2003 Milk Run Pics & Stories!-doc-similar.jpg  

Last edited by GLH; 08-03-2003 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-03-2003, 01:29 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

And the "V" that kept up with all those Cats at the front. This is either Ed (Scarab105)'s rig or his brother, I was told. These guys run some serious HP on those Scarab's they sounded MEAN at the first card stop then I think one of the two I heard lost a drive. But the one that was left was FAST. I'm looking forward to talking with you Ed when we can hook up.
Attached Thumbnails Lake Champlain 2003 Milk Run Pics & Stories!-dscf0045.jpg  
Old 08-03-2003, 01:36 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Got to go watch the " Brickyard 400" I'll be back to post the rest of the stuff I got.
Old 08-03-2003, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey GLH,

Because of all the shortcuts we took trying to keep up we got some good photos. We should have some good video too but I haven't seen it yet. E-mail or PM me your contact info and I'll try to hook you up. (All us OSO freeloaders have lost PM, e-mail and even avatars.)

Frank
Old 08-03-2003, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey glh, the v bottom keeping up with the cats was the hustler
Old 08-03-2003, 04:39 PM
Registered

Originally posted by GLH
Shane liked Lake Champlain so much he decided to take some of it home!

What was it finally Shane???
LMFAO! Well....I think Champ, the Lake Champlain Monster was hungry and I was his choice for lunch. Looks like one of those birds never got out of the way or I hit something. Maybe a mooring bouy just below the surface?? Not really sure, but I DEFINITELY hit SOMETHING! There is about a 4 inch hole that then began to delaminate an 18 inch section of the bottom and but a really big ding/curl in th prop blade. Oh well. Hopefully the glass guys will be on it by Tuesday and it will be in running order by 1000 Islands! Thanks for a FANTASTIC time and all those guys that said "I'll be there, I'll be there", well you guys missed a GORGEOUS weather day and a GREAT group to run with. Nice meeting some new OSO friends and seeing some older friends as well. You did a great job GLH and THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Old 08-03-2003, 04:44 PM
Registered

Originally posted by GLH
And the "V" that kept up with all those Cats at the front. This is either Ed (Scarab105)'s rig or his brother, I was told. These guys run some serious HP on those Scarab's they sounded MEAN at the first card stop then I think one of the two I heard lost a drive. But the one that was left was FAST. I'm looking forward to talking with you Ed when we can hook up.
That was one FAST vee bottom!!!! I could not believe he ran as fast as long as he did for as long as he did. Everything shook like an earthquake when that Scarab went by. Wicked cool ride and VERY IMPRESSIVE! I don't think the Lake George dikkhead cops would like him too much. I say, bring him down!!! Screw those jerk off cops!
Old 08-03-2003, 04:53 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GLH
Normally aspirated engines with extension boxes with, is everyone sitting down,,,Bravo drives. When sterndrivespec heard that it was like fingernails on a blackboard!!!

I know that boat, its a great boat. The original owner took great care of it. But it has #5 drives and boxes, not B1's. It had B1's before the blowers were installed on the PRI motors. Heres part of the for sale add:
(2) Mercury Outdrives - Frive Drive (SSM V) (new 2001)
(2) Mercury Extension Boxes (new 2001)
(1) M&M - Marine Machine Steering (new 2001)
Complete Transom Steering
Wing Plates
Transom Mount Cylinders
Tie Bar

(2) Gaffrig - Transmission Temperature Gauges (new 2001)
(1) Hugh - Custom Made - Center Trim Tab - Aerson Hydraulic Cylinder "Mercury Lake-X" (new 2001)
(2) Custom Made - Transom Style Water Pick-ups Stainless Steel - With Aero Quip Stainless Steel Hoses and Fittings "Mercury Lake-X" (new 2001)
(2) Jack Shaft Covers "Mercury Lake-X" (new 2001)
(2) Adjustable Water Pickups "Mercury Lake-X" (new 2001)

Someone ("DOC" ?) got a great boat at a good price!
Old 08-03-2003, 05:12 PM
checkmate981

Glh,
Thanks for putting together A great time .
Dave.

Quick Reply: Lake Champlain 2003 Milk Run Pics & Stories!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.