Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
LEOPA Poker Run 2003, Thank You >

LEOPA Poker Run 2003, Thank You

Notices

LEOPA Poker Run 2003, Thank You

Old 08-03-2003, 06:47 PM
BuzzinBye!

Thumbs up LEOPA Poker Run 2003, Thank You

Well ladies and gentleman the 2003 LEOPA poker run was another success!

We had 67 boats this year and we were VERY lucky and had great weather. A great time was had by all.

We would like to thank all of our sponsors and participants. With the help of all of you we were able to donate $2500.00 to the Special Olympics, and give away over $6500.00 in prizes!!

1st place $2000.00
2nd place $1000.00
3rd place Garmin 176c ($800.00)
4th place $ 500.00
5th place through 26th place selectable prizes ranging in value from $350.00 to $20.00

First place was won by Phil Lipshutz of Lipship Performance. He generously donated the money back to the club which in turn was donated to the Special Olympics, bringing the total donation to $4500.00. A very special thank you to Phil from LEOPA and The Special Olympics!

We would like to thank all that attended, this club exists because of good people like yourselves. LEOPA has been in existence sine 1987 and has always tried to provide good and safe boating events for it's members. We look forward to many years to come. A special thanks to the following

LEOPA Commodore and Poker Run Chairman:
Phil Martin and Trina

LEOPA Vice-Commodore and Poker Run Vice Chairman:
Rockne Smith and Coleen

LEOPA Past Commodore:
Mark Brettschneider and Carrie

LEOPA Past Commodore:
Scott Smithers and Rita

LEOPA Poker Run crew: Tim Radwanski, Jerry B, Todd Fountain, Karen Burtscher, all the crew at Monroe Boat Club, Moku Bar and Grill, and Gumbo's

A very special thanks to Jim and Mary Deitz (WickedWon) for always being great hosts to myself and Karen for all the poker runs and being great friends as well.

Thanks to everyone and we hope you all had a great time, and as always any suggestions for further runs is always appreciated.

Dan Burtscher
LEOPA treasurer

Last edited by BuzzinBye!; 08-03-2003 at 07:27 PM.

Old 08-03-2003, 10:38 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

had a great time at the poker run as always and an impresive showing of hardware too. the weather looked questionable on friday but saterday everything cleared up and gave us perfect day for a poker run, a fun bit of chop in the morning followed by glass smooth 6 inch rollers in the afternoon. just an FYI, anybody thinking of adding a run to next years schedule this is one you dont want to mis, great group of people and non stop fun all weekend. thanks Dan and the rest at LEOPA for another great event.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 08-04-2003, 07:59 AM
BUSTEDGUN

Thanks Dave,

It was great seeing you in the boat.

Dan

BustedGun aka BuzzinBye

Old 08-04-2003, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LEOPA Poker Run ...

Thanks again to the Poker Run Committee and the crew at Monroe Boat Club !!! The food was fantastic this year and this Run gets better every year. Even with 67 boats ... which is down a bit from past years ...

Great Boats , Awesome People , Good Food and Drink !

This really is a Must Do event year in and year out and I'm sure the pictures will start popping up to give a little taste of what the LEOPA Poker Run is all about.

JM
Old 08-04-2003, 10:54 AM
BUSTEDGUN

Thanks Jerry,

We had a good year this year, and lucky on the weather. Sorry we didn't make it to the bay, but they reopened the bar at the club. You know how much that challenges motivation on a rainy day.

Dan

BustedGun aka BuzzinBye

Old 08-04-2003, 12:25 PM
BUSTEDGUN

ttt

Old 08-04-2003, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To everyone at LEOPA. As usual, a GREAT run and I can't wait till nex year!!! Thanks!
Old 08-04-2003, 07:05 PM
packinair

Originally posted by Madcow
To everyone at LEOPA. As usual, a GREAT run and I can't wait till nex year!!! Thanks!
So, uhhhh Jim.........How is the availability of those 2 seats for the run looking??

Old 08-05-2003, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OOOPS !!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2003, 07:29 AM
WickedWon

Default Still The Best !

There is no better Run or group of people to run with than these guys. If you boat on lake Erie and aren't a member do yourself a favor and join. There are a bunch of boats in every speed catagory so ya always have boats to run with, 50mph cruise to 100 mph cruise it just doesn't matter. I've never seen this large a group of performance boaters who handle boats better( they can raft 70 boats in 15 minutes with no one saying anything), or with fewer *******s ruining the day with their words or actions, (actually I think i'm the token *******, every clubs gotta have one right )

Anyway, it was great to see and run with the Lipshutz Cigs ( they now have a better feel for just how serious we are about our 'Offshore" on Erie ) and donating their winning hand (2000.00) will long be remembered !

I'll try and post some pic's a little later.

Too all of you guys who work their asses off to put this thing on, thanks.

Jim & Mary

Quick Reply: LEOPA Poker Run 2003, Thank You

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.