Bank Transfer Scam in a Reply to My add on Powerboat USA >

Bank Transfer Scam in a Reply to My add on Powerboat USA

Notices

Bank Transfer Scam in a Reply to My add on Powerboat USA

Old 06-17-2002, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bank Transfer Scam in a Reply to My add on Powerboat USA

This is the message I got in a reply to an add I have on Powerboat USA.

Name: Williams Adeyemi
Subject: zenith bank
Date: 06/17/2002
Message: From the desk of:Williams Adeyemi ZENITH INTERNATIONAL BANK PLOT 84 AJOSE ADEOGUN STREET VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS STRICTLY A PRIVATE BUSINESS PROPOSAL I am WILLIAMS ADEYEMI,an assistant manager at the ZENITH INTERNATIONAL BANK I am writing this letter to ask for your support and cooperation to carry out this business opportunity in my department. We discovered an abandoned sum of$15,000,000.00 (Fifteen million United States Dollars only) in an account that belongs to one of our foreign customers who died along with his entire family of a wife and two children in November 1997 in a Plane crash.Since we heard of his death, we have been expecting his next-of-kin to come over and put claims for his money as the heir, because we cannot release the fund from his account unless someone applies for claim as the next-of-kin to the deceased as indicated in our banking guidelines.Unfortunately, neither their family member nor distant relative has everappeared to claim the said fund. Upon this discovery, I and other officials in my department have agreed to make business with you and release the total amount into your account as the heir of the fund since no one came for it or discovered he maintained account with our bank, otherwise the fund will be returned to the banks treasury as unclaimed fund.We have agreed that our ratio of sharing will be as stated thus;20 % for you as foreign partner,75 % for us the officials in my department and 5 % for the settlement of all local and foreign expences incurred by us and you during the course of this business.Upon the successful completion of this transfer, I and one of my colleagues will come to your country and mind our share. It is from our 75 % we intend to import Agricultural Machineries into my country as a way of recycling the fund. To commence this transaction, we require you to immediately indicate your interest by a call on the above number or a return e-mail and enclose your private contact telephone number, fax number full name and address and your designated bank coordinates to enable us file letter of claim to the appropriate departments for necessary approvals before the transfer can be made. Note also, this transaction must be kept STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL because of its nature.I look forward to receiving your prompt response. WILLIAMS ADEYEMI [email protected]

Do people actually fall for this??
Old 06-17-2002, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just called that number and now I get 20% of $15,000.000 They will wire it tomarrow. I'll post when it comes and we will have an OSO throw down.
Old 06-17-2002, 11:02 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

I'll bet lots of people fall for it, although the scam is pretty transparent.
Old 06-18-2002, 09:40 PM
Registered

just bought a new cig with the 20% i got .... pretty cool gotta go ..off to the ferrari dealership....NOT
Old 06-18-2002, 10:09 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds very much like one my brother-in-law recieved about 2 months ago. My wife did a search on the guys name. There was a website of the Secret Service that has his name listed. They were looking for him.

Call the secret Service and run!
Old 06-18-2002, 10:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Scam? what Scam
That's how we got started
Old 06-19-2002, 03:03 AM
Registered

I get this stuff all the time.....even in the mail. Here's one I just got today.

=======================

Dr. Roli Toju.

Contract Review Panel
Ministry of Minerals
and Energy South Africa.

BUSINESS PROPOSAL: TRANSFER OF US$ 24.8M(TWENTY FOUR MILLION, EIGHT HUNDRED
THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) & BUSINESS INVESTMENTS PARTNERSHIP.

First, I must solicit your strictest confidence in this transaction,
this is by virtue of its nature as being utterly confidential and top
secret as you were introduced to us in confidence through the South African
Chamber of Commerce, foreign trade division.

We are top officials from the Ministry of Minerals and Energy in South Africa,
Ministry of Finance and the Presidency, making up the Contract Review Panel (CRP)
set up by the Ministry of Minerals and Energy in South Africa to review contracts.

In the course of our work on the CRP, we discovered this fund which resulted
from grossly over-invoiced contracts which were executed for the Ministry of Minerals
and Energy. The companies that executed the contracts
have been duly paid and the contracts commissioned leaving the sum of
US$24.8 Million floating in the escrow account of the Reserve Bank of South Africa
ready for payment.

I have therefore been mandated as a matter of trust by my colleagues
in the panel to look for an overseas partner to whom we could transfer
the sum of US$24.8M by legally subcontracting the entitlement to your company.
This is bearing in mind that our civil service code of conduct forbids
us from owning foreign companies or running foreign accounts while in
government service hence the need for an overseas partner.

We have agreed that the funds will be shared thus after it has been paid
into your account:
(1) 30% of the money will go to you for acting as the beneficiary of
the fund.
(2) 10% has been set aside as an abstract projection (for reimbursment
to both parties) of incidental expences that may be incurred in the course
of the transaction.
(3) 60% to us the government officials (with which we wish to commence
an importation business in conjunction with you).

All logistics are in place and all modalities worked out for the smooth
conclusion of the transaction within ten to fourteen days of commencement
after receipt of the following information: Your company name, address,
company's details & activities, telephone & fax numbers.These information
will enable us make the applications and lodge claims to the concerned
ministries & agencies in favour of your company and it is pertinent to
state here that this transaction is entirely based on trust.

Please acknowledge receipt of this letter using the above E-mail
address.

Yours faithfully

Dr. Roli Toju
(Chairman CRP)
NB: Bank Account Details not necessary as preferred mode of payment
is by draft or cheque.

===========================
Old 06-19-2002, 07:28 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nort
"ministry of minerals" That's the one that my brother-in-law got. Now send me 5% op front for an advisors fee.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:08 AM
Registered

I got one of these things also, It was to transfer 75 million dollars, and I keep 10 million. It said it was from Some financial minister of the republic of congo or some crap like that. It came in an e-mail from someone I never heard of. What the hell is this crap anyway? It went something like this, Cool, I get 10 million...delete, next e-mail...
Old 06-19-2002, 09:59 AM
Registered

Another one I got this morning........they are actually quite fun to read.

=====================================
Joseph Nyerere
TEL: 27-82-700-1765
FAX: 27-82-262-7034

Attn: The President/C.E.O.,

REQUEST FOR URGENT BUSINESS ASSISTANCE

I do foresee the surprise this letter will bring to you as it comes from a stranger. But rest assured as it comes with the best of intentions. However your address was courtesy of a business journal at the world trade center Johannesburg. But after due consideration, from your profile I became aware and assured of credibility of handling this trust and my future. Thus after my humble decision to solicit for your understanding and co-operation in this transaction, as it will be beneficial to all of us involved.

My name is Joseph Nyerere, from Tanzania. I am the son of the late President of Tanzania [Julius Nyerere], who died four years ago. My father used his position being the President of country to make for him and us a fortune. My father died after a protracted illness. I was studying overseas when my father died and I was forced to return home for the funeral. After the funeral, his attorney notified me and my family about my father’s will with his chambers. When I was going through the will, I discovered that my late father has deposited a consignment containing money with a private security company in Johannesburg Republic of South Africa. This consignment was moved through a diplomatic means and deposited as a family treasures and valuables. The Security Company does not know that the consignment contains cash money except his attorney and me. The amount is Twenty Million Five Hundred Thousand US Dollars [US$20.5 MILLION].

However, my aim of contacting you is to help me transfer this money into your nominated account in your country or any other country. Secondly, I will like you to also help me look for a profitable investment because I don’t have knowledge of international investment. And as a result of my present situation, I won’t be able to conclude this transaction alone.

If you are interested in helping us out, please try and contact me with the above telephone number and fax number above, indicating your interest and not forgetting to include your private phone and fax numbers for easier communication, and I will then furnish you with more details and documentation regarding to this transaction. We have mutually agreed to compensate you with 20% of the total sum for your assistance 5%for expenses incurred in this transaction and the remaining 75% will be for me and my family, which you will help us to invest.

Be informed that this transaction need utmost trust and confidentiality and attracts no risk hence all the modalities for safe, smooth and successful transaction have been arranged.
Looking forward to receive your urgent reply. God bless you.

Regards,

Joseph Nyerere.

==================================

Quick Reply: Bank Transfer Scam in a Reply to My add on Powerboat USA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.