Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I need some help!  Did I get screwed or is this a simple case of caviot emptur? >

I need some help! Did I get screwed or is this a simple case of caviot emptur?

Notices
View Poll Results: What do I do about this unfortunate circumstance?
Suck it up, caviat empture, let the buyer beware?
64.29%
Ask for his monetary participation because he mis-represented the boat when specifically asked?
7.14%
If he is unwilling to help, drop it and move on?
26.53%
If he is unwilling to help take him to small claims court depending on the cost?
2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

I need some help! Did I get screwed or is this a simple case of caviot emptur?

Old 08-04-2003, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by catmando
I don'
t know about caviot emptur, or caviat empture, but I stayed at a Motel 6 last night.
Didn't you mean Holiday Inn Express???
Old 08-04-2003, 09:11 PM
Registered

Originally posted by SLINGSHOT
he did admit to it though
yeah but that was 4 years after the fact.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:12 PM
Registered

Originally posted by GLH
I'd ask but I wouldn't press it, sitting in his seat after six years I don't know were I would be. And god no lawsuit why make your attorney's boat faster or bigger
ain't that the truth?
Old 08-04-2003, 09:37 PM
Registered

Let it go and let Fred take a look at the repairs. He may have other ideas for ways to sink money into the hole. God knows how simple repairs and improvements turn into major overhauls with him!!

Make sure it's fixed soon, since I plan to drive it in the VERY NEAR future.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:38 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I picked ask but do not push it. Lets put it this way. How many cars are sold each day that have been in accidents. Hell even BRAND NEW cars have parts replaced on them and repairs done all the time. The dealers will never tell you about them so...... I am sure that there will be lots of things about my boat that I will not remember to tell the buyer. Some times you just forget, it could have been a honest mistake. If you should be pissed at anyone you should be pissed at the person that did the shoddy repair. There is no reason for the repair to not be as stong as the rest of the boat. Make sure your new guy knows what he is doing and you will be fine.

Jon
Old 08-04-2003, 09:43 PM
Registered

Hey Shane..sorry bout your troubles. I agree wit da boyz. It cant hurt to bring it up if you see the guy and see if he offers some $$$ assistance to have it fixed.

Otherwise let it go..

See ya soon
Old 08-04-2003, 09:59 PM
Registered

I think its been too long. Maybe if you had just bought it, but I cant even remember 1999.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:06 PM
Registered

Default Re: I need some help! Did I get screwed or is this a simple case of caviot emptur?

Originally posted by Shane
What really burns my arse is he blatantly LIED when I SPECIFICALLY ASKED if this had occurred! I
when and what did you ask him that he lied to you?? i'm not understanding the lying part.

either way....i dont think it's worth it to press the issue
Old 08-04-2003, 10:07 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Yo! Shane, you needs me to send up some friends I got in Saratoga Springs? I gots to get them out of the track dough, so it may take a while. Dees guys specialize in fitting dem concrete shoes. You need 'em you gimme a call!!
Old 08-04-2003, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shane, I got burned on my first boat, I bought it not knowing that the boat had been repaired and eventually the bottom caved in and the boat was worthless, I was really dissapointed because it was my first boat and I did not have it that long when it happened, I chalked it up as live and learn and hoped the guy that sold it to me would someday get his. It turned out that it is happening, the guy who sold it to me is the guy that got taken by hawk power that is always crying about it on this site. I however would never do that to someone so I sold the boat to a dealer for $700 and they knew exactly what was wrong with the boat because I told them. I have too much integrity and could not live with it on my concious to stick someone like that. so i guess the moral of my story is you should let it go because you won't win, but you can hope that someday he will get what he deserves. But you have to admit you beat that thing for years, that was one hell of a repair job.

Quick Reply: I need some help! Did I get screwed or is this a simple case of caviot emptur?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.