What's more Safe, V bottom or Cat??

Notices

What's more Safe, V bottom or Cat??

Old 08-06-2003, 02:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dueclaws

This one was built before the Lavin guidelines. In those days Ron Jones Of hydroplane fame handled the F-16 canopies That Hull +Deck was from our Old Airex Days long before the Core-Cell that we use now was developed by the same person we bought Airex from. Mr. Tom Johansson my Mentor

The philosophy was very simple you build an unbreakable boat from unbreakable material...Like build the top side strong enough to be a bottom
Easy to say but there are a whole host of “Good Shop Practices” and support from the Resin and Mekp supplier Laboratory’s Back in those days needed to make all this work.

All up Bagging was the rule of the day...We even had a mirror platform/Table in the back where the Bulkheads and other flat work were processed. It was a conservative build though a Lot of Glass both S and E were Bagged in along with Kevlar and Carbon fiber. . Jack came up with a real good Idea on the Canopies and mounting them I supplied a super strong base for them to be mounted on and it obviously worked.. Hell He Field tested it.. We sold like 7 Boats from that event alone..

The Boat had rails in the engine Bay where we had three driveline possessions 2'-3’4’ and the driveshafts

There was not a piece of wood in that entire Shop My Brothers and Jack Clark himself was the Crew. A lot of real good memories there... I left there now a True believer in Catamarans and did Contract Boat/Mold building eventually Building my Cheetahs the stint in the middle-East and so forth.

Last edited by Steve 1; 08-06-2003 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-06-2003, 04:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Steve-
What was the last year that you did layup at Jacks? Who did the work after you left? I know Rich said you were great!
Old 08-07-2003, 08:48 AM
GeoGraphics INC

Hey Steve I remember a bunch of late nights in that shop......................... Mike

Old 08-07-2003, 08:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mike how are you?
Those days were a lot of fun That paint work sure made the Boat hell even now days;still looks cool ,Hey I saw that last Boat you did for Danny with the Tasmanian Devil with the Pearl fades way Cool Ole Boy!
as Usual a super job.. looking at the photo I see the Solar chargers on the deck I forgot about them.
Attached Thumbnails What's more Safe, V bottom or Cat??-thrillerboat-1.jpg  

Last edited by Steve 1; 08-07-2003 at 08:58 AM.