Another lame E-bay auction

Notices

Another lame E-bay auction

Old 08-07-2003, 10:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another lame E-bay auction

Take a look at this auction - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=31271

I was watching this, as it looked lie a great deal on a 24 Outlaw, especially with no bids. Look closely for the BS comment the seller added earlier today. Funny how the title of the auction still boldly states "No Reserve."
Old 08-07-2003, 10:36 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I got really bad news for him. If someone bids 18,500 he has to sell for that. He did not set a reserve and if you get in at 18500 then there is a contract. I don't know what e-Bay does if he tries to pull out but he is offering it at 18500
Old 08-08-2003, 05:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure I understand the issue on the ad.... it doesn't have a reserve, however it does have a starting price. Usually a reserve is a hidden price, that usually you have to email the seller to ask what it is. The way I read it, the seller is only willing to let it go at the minimum of the selling price of 18,500. In my opinion, I don't understand the difference between a starting price and a reserve price other than one is visible and the other is not. Then again, a reserve does allow for lower bids which the seller can possibly consider as possible offers if the offers didn't hit the reserve. The minimum bid should buy that boat. Looks like the person has a good track record so far.
Old 08-08-2003, 06:10 AM
truckprop

Thats a lawsuit waiting to happen...
He needs to cancel his auction.

Old 08-08-2003, 06:11 AM
Registered

Originally posted by insptech
I got really bad news for him. If someone bids 18,500 he has to sell for that. He did not set a reserve and if you get in at 18500 then there is a contract. I don't know what e-Bay does if he tries to pull out but he is offering it at 18500
If you are working under the presumption that this is a contract, than just like any other contract you need to read the fine print, and the fine print says if you want this boat you need to pay $25,000. Seems pretty simple to me.
Old 08-08-2003, 06:33 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Madcow
If you are working under the presumption that this is a contract, than just like any other contract you need to read the fine print, and the fine print says if you want this boat you need to pay $25,000. Seems pretty simple to me.
Except when they boldly state in the heading of the auction "NO RESERVE". Bottom line is that it has a reserve. You can't have it both ways
Old 08-08-2003, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

e-bay will do NOTHING to enforce any contracts or any auctions, trust me
Old 08-08-2003, 06:36 AM
olysan

ebay might have something to say about the listing, as I think they charge a fee based on the reserve price.

Old 08-08-2003, 06:48 AM
Registered

Originally posted by olysan
ebay might have something to say about the listing, as I think they charge a fee based on the reserve price.
No , what Ebay is going to do is still charge the guy a comition if someone bids 18,000 and he dosen't sell it.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:35 AM
Registered

I emailed the seller and ebay...Be interesting to see what response I get

Quick Reply: Another lame E-bay auction

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.