Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain Race Weekend was Awesome! (Long) >

Fountain Race Weekend was Awesome! (Long)

Notices

Fountain Race Weekend was Awesome! (Long)

Old 08-05-2003, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Fountain Race Weekend was Awesome! (Long)

Just got back from NC last night and I've got to say, if you weren't there, you missed out. Seeing Bacardi Silver run 200+ one way on Friday morning could've carried the whole weekend for me, but there was so much more. No, there weren't 110 boats there, but there were about 16 teams giving 110 percent for the fans. I've never met as many truly friendly race teams as I did this weekend. Now for a long list of thank yous:

Bacardi Silver - David Scott, you and your crew are wonderful! Thanks again for the shirts, the free Bacardi Silver and the shelter from the rain on Friday. Can't wait to see you guys bust 200 both ways and blow the prop-driven record out of the water!
Pier 57 - Thanks for the invite to Art's birthday party, even if we didn't make it. (It's the thought that counts.)
Shockwave - The new shirts look awesome! Thanks again. Hope you're feeling better, Rich.
Extreme F1 - Thanks for taking the time to give me ideas for dialing in my 29 and for letting me peek under the hatch to see your rigging.
Muscle - Thanks for the drinks at Snookie's Friday night and the awesome conch chowder at the Saturday party. You boys always put on a great show.
Firewater and Instigator - Great to see you guys again. Congrats to Firewater for keeping a Fountain in front in Superboat V.
Deep V Cats - It was great meeting you guys! You're a prime example of why offshore racing is so great. Loaning Berry Cuda props that they turn around and beat you with.
Jersey Boyz - Where were you? We missed you guys!
Besides the racers, the entire Fountain staff deserves a big thank you. They worked their butts off - especially Carol and Michelle, the two hardest-working ladies I know out there.
Last, but definitely not least - a huge thank to Reggie Fountain. I asked him Saturday night if he might have some time to talk about my boat and he said not right then, but sometime Sunday. Well, when the awards were over and the last interview wrapped up, he did indeed spend some time with me. Once the motor goes back in, we'll see if any of it helps. Even if it doesn't, I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to talk to me.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:39 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Jana - Thanks for the comments and thanks for stopping by! It was very nice meeting you and your friends. I agree with your comments about the other teams and the people at Fountain Powerboats. They really went all out to make everyone feel welcome. I would especially like to thank Reggie and his staff for their assistance repairing the damage to the Bacardi Silver 36' after Saturday's incident.
Old 08-05-2003, 02:54 PM
Registered

This weekend in North Carolina was an awsome one for us, Berry Cuda Racing, not only did we use another teams props to take the win but the Firewater team loaned us there Crew Chief as a driver. Thanks to Grant at Grants Custom Rigging out of Fort Lauderdale! I sure wish some of you guy's would consider racing with us at SBI it is a lot of fun and they are enforcing the rules. They pulled my head after the race and inspected the entire boat. So things are getting better and the race sites are great. I wanted to say thanks to Lee and Steve from Deep V Cats for the use of thier prop's! I owe you guy's one Drinks are on me in Alabama! By the way for those of you reading I had three sets of props with me but Deep V's performed better on the boat and he didn't blink an eye at letting me use them. That is just the way it is with us at SBI If I have you are welcome to it and if someone else has it no one has ever said no. There isnt a perfect organization out there but my passion is racing so I choose to do it with a group of people that I enjoy spending my time with and come race time we are all stiff competitors! We just need more people to come and race, I am told that John will work with anyone of you who would like to give SBI a shot and if you don't feel comfortable talking to him call me or anyone of the other racers and we will set it up for you.
Old 08-05-2003, 04:57 PM
Registered

what jana said, goes dubble for me all the teams were great . kilo kat thanks for a great weekend you and your team are the best ! thanks to reggie for giving us the run of the plant it was a ausome week end . robbie, allison, hunter, steven , and kimmily
Old 08-05-2003, 05:14 PM
deepvcatss12

JANA,
Thanks for the kind words. You are right, I think
a lot of people are missing what racing is all about as a
sport. It's not about how many trophies you get or
how many boats you beat. It's about how you play the game and enjoy it.
By the way, that little move with props will be worth
more dollars in drinks at the bar in AL than any trophy
at the pawn shop.
That's true in SBI racing, we all work together for the sport. It's not a profession it's a hobby.
It was nice talking to you, Lee.

Old 08-06-2003, 07:17 AM
Registered

I believe I will seeing you all in NY. Just gotta check out airline tickets and rent a car. If anyone knows anything about the viewing boat I heard rumors of, let me know. I want to get out on the river this year.
Old 08-06-2003, 04:54 PM
Registered

Not only the races and the kilos were great, Reggie put on a hell of a spread of food for all of us, and that's just to start, the awards were something else. Like awesome.
Old 08-06-2003, 04:58 PM
Registered

the teams that do race in sbi are great and they do give some good competition to each other. it's different than apba. so be it. it's racing. gotta dig it.
Old 08-07-2003, 08:32 AM
deepvcatss12

Dredgeking
You are right 100% thanks.
Lee

Old 08-08-2003, 07:44 PM
Registered

dredge king you are 1000% right deepvcatss it was great meeting you and putting a face with a name you'll were great all the teams were out of this world nice can't wate till next year hope to see every body agin robbie