Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boat Manufactures and Customer Service >

Boat Manufactures and Customer Service

Notices

Boat Manufactures and Customer Service

Old 08-08-2003, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are so right and what is so bad is that, my favorite boat builder is the one that did the biggest screwup.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:25 PM
Banned

I think you should name them. You certainly don't owe them any loyalty after they showed how much your business means to them. I wouldn't think the high performance boat business is so good they don't have time to make a call to a potential customer. That is foolish.
Old 08-09-2003, 02:31 AM
Registered

All I can say is "Welcome to the 21st Century way of doing business".................give me your money and the don't even say please...............they say move over.......next customer
Old 08-09-2003, 04:06 AM
Registered

Not that I am going to be in the market for any of the manufacturers you are talking about any time soon. But I am an extremely curious person and just want to know who they are. ..............Come on, your killin me!

Last edited by RollWithIt; 08-11-2003 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:52 PM
Registered

WildThing, you have a winner I do own a company!

TD
Old 08-10-2003, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't get it. Why not name the companies? That's would not be bashing in my opinion, just someone talking about his negative experience with purchasing a $300K boat. It is hard to believe that any manufacturer would not bend over backwards to make a sale like that.

Are you talking with dealers or straight to the manufacturer? I had a very bad experience with my PQ dealer. (They are no longer a PQ dealer.) I got such bad service from them after placing my order that I just stopped calling them and dealt directly with the manufacturer. From day one I got, and continue to get, incredible customer support from them. They bent over backwards to customize my boat as requested. They even took pictures of it as it was built. It was a great experience for me.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:54 AM
Registered

Dingy: If this thread(t) was started in a hope that the companies affected may read it and may the return your call, and if the names are withheld to protect the not-so-innocent and to keep at least some bridges unburned, then this is a wasted effort.

- If a company effs up in pre-sales (not handing in a quote oin time) then I won't waste my time with them anymore. It can get only worse.

- Who wants to deal with a company that has to be strong-armed into selling a boat? What will you have to do after the sale? Threaten to kill?

- I would publish the names without batting an eye. And I would move my 300 K elsewhere. I know boat builders who would jump through hoops for 300 K.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:03 AM
Registered

i have to say that i'd give jo a call at pantera also. i bet he will give you the personal service you are looking for. he builds a hell of a boat if a traditional boat is your style.

or get in touch with mark or dave from extreme powerboats. if you want a sweet custom new school boat, look at the 39 extreme.

these are they guys i'll be talking to when i go to build a new boat. they aren't in it for the lifestyle. they are in it because they love to build SWEET HARDCORE boats.

Last edited by Dredgeking; 08-10-2003 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-10-2003, 11:30 PM
elimin

ill say it.Eliminator sucks for customer service, There basically isnt any. If you order a boat and they tell you 6 weeks ,itll be 4-6 months. I had the experience and personally met two others with the same experiences.
The end product is a great looking gel and finish but the wait and the bs while my boat was being made and also the stuff (customer service)i needed after i had my boat was enough to say that ill never buy an Eliminator again.
At this [point i dont really care what anybody thinks about me saying my actual experiences with this manufacturer on public domain.Its what happened to me,its not a lie,i have no personal vendetta against them, its simply the truth and its what happened to me.
My .02cents

Old 08-11-2003, 07:06 AM
Registered

I, like Macklin, had great service from the manufacturer direct but often found that the dealers/sales were just in another world. Another friend (NautiProps) just bought a 1/4 million dollar toy and got what I consider to be some of the worst support from the dealer that I can imagine. Maybe Nauti will post his thoughts up here too.

BTW, I think you should mention the brands on your list so that others, like us that may be in the market know what to expect when dealing with them...

Dave

Quick Reply: Boat Manufactures and Customer Service

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.