Boat Manufactures and Customer Service

Notices

Boat Manufactures and Customer Service

Old 08-08-2003, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Boat Manufactures and Customer Service

Hey all,

I have been looking at boats and trying to decide which new one to get. I spoke with four different high end custom manufactures last week about a boat; currently I own one of these manufactures boats. To me when you are looking to spend $300,000 or more you should get great customer service, but NONE of these boat manufactures seem to think so. I asked that three of them give me a call back at the end of this week, I would like to work up a quote for a early season delivery next year on the boat all three said that they would, you know what NOT A ONE OF THEM CALLED! The other manufacture is the one that I currently own, I spoke to the salesman last week, and asked him to also call and update me this week, which he did not. There is something that disturbs me more than this though I spoke to someone very high up in the company about a broken part on my boat and they said “I think that we have those in stock I do not know right now, but I will get back to you later this afternoon about that part.” I have not heard back from the manufacture other than the salesman stating that he would get back to me next week. I spoke to the salesman at length but he also stated that he would call this week, and I have not heard from him. What do you have to do so that we can get customer service? I am fed up with this crap, it seems that everyone in the boat business is out to steal, get your money and run, give you zero customer service, or to just bend you over every couple of years.

Can anyone tell me good experiences about the industry?

I am very frustrated right now, and I think that I will not be upgrading anytime soon to a new boat. Can someone in the industry tell me why you have such horrid customer service?

All four of these manufactures have big names, and one thing I have to tell you is even though I won’t get what I want, I may just go to Marine Max and pick up a Baja at least the sales guy will call you back. Also, the build quality may leave a lot to be desired, but they do have a good warranty program.

TD
Old 08-08-2003, 06:39 PM
Registered

I have purchased 3 new Active Thunders.The best service around.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:39 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dingy check your pm box I sent you a message.

And no I dont believe I was one of the 4 people.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:53 PM
Registered

Sean thanks, I sent a reply to you. I am looking for a specific boat, and these were the only on my short list.

Last edited by TheDingy; 08-08-2003 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:54 PM
Registered

Troutly, if word has to get back to them, I DO NOT WANT THEIR BOAT! With one of the manufactures this is the second time they have done something like this. When you are spending this kind of money word shouldn't have to get back to them, they should have to get back to you!

TD
Old 08-08-2003, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dingy,

That's disturbing news, not suprising...just disturbing. You have every right to be frustrated. I don't think that it's just limited to boat manufactures though. It just seems to be a sad fact of life.

Old 08-08-2003, 10:19 PM
Registered

Reply edited... Some deleted a post, and I replied... I am removing my reply to that post.

TD

Last edited by TheDingy; 08-08-2003 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:40 PM
Registered

Too Old....

I didn't really want publicly state who it was as they may get a clue and actually call me.... At that point I don't want the boat.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:43 PM
Registered

you are going to come down in eight to ten minutes, either a perfect landing, under a parachute or leave a smoking hole. I heard this while listening to an X15 pilot and just loved it.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:43 PM
Registered

This is most disturbing. According to lore, boat manufacturers, especially in the high end performance segment, are not doing too well.

One would think that they would jump at an opportunity to sell a boat. But no .....

When I bought my boat, I talked to all of the custom builders on Long Island in person. I then picked the (in my opinion) best boat from a company that came across as most charming and reliable. It was Kryptonite. I never regretted that decision. Actually - and I know that might sound trite , but it's true - I gained new friends.

Who brings you an impeller to the house after you've fried the water pump? Kirk Rogers of Kryptonite.

Quick Reply: Boat Manufactures and Customer Service

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.