Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Miami area performance boat charters?? >

Miami area performance boat charters??

Notices

Miami area performance boat charters??

Old 08-13-2003, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crazy Gregg cost us about 125/hr if I remember correctly which isn't bad. Our thoughts are to do the run down to the keys which is an all day event and cost is still under a grand.... or if seas are rough, just do some bar hopping....
Old 08-13-2003, 08:47 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

There is also a place in Key West. I believe they run out of the Marriot. They have a 38TG, a 26 Scarab, and a few others.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:20 PM
Registered

Any idea on the name of the place in Key West or any other place in Key West for performance boat rental?

Thanks
Old 08-21-2003, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We chartered Crazy Greggs boat to Bimini in 95. It was great. Crazy Gregg holds the record for the highest number of trips to Bimini than anyone. All the residents knew and respected him and a pretty cool, funny guy he was. Its sad to hear of his passing. We paid around $750 then for the day if I rember correctly. The black Sonic was I believe a former "Crazy Gregg" boat that now does parasiling . There was a magazine ad back then that Sonic had telling about Gregg and the thousands of hours and how many sets of engines he went through but the Sonic still stood up to the test. I think he has only ran the 2 boats total in all the years in business. Thats a great tribute to Sonic.

I have also chartered the 33 Powerplay named "Palm Breeze Express" out of the Boca Raton resort and country club. Six man stand up bolsters, pretty cool and was a great ride. I thought Charlie was pretty much a dick though. Too much time out in the sun... As previously stated in this thread, Charlie said he would be going to a cat for their speed charters.

There is also another one between Boca & Palm Beach that will charter a 33 Donzi or an Apache I think.

Have Fun!!
Chartering is much less expensive than breaking your on ****!
Flashback
Old 08-22-2003, 06:39 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

There are two hotels a the end of the main drag. One on the left, and one on the right. It is run out of the one on the left. The boats are not normally kept at the hotel marina. If anyone can tell you on here which hotel/resort the one on the left it, calling the front desk of that hotel can get you too the PowerBoat Charters.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:42 AM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

I saw the 26' Scarab last year during the races parked on a trailer on the side street of the Hyatt. The little street that empties into the little beach and boat ramp.
i think it is the corner of Front St. and Simonton St. before you get to A&B Lobster.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:15 PM
Registered

I made reservations at the Hilton for Sept 25th. I think that is right next to the Hyatt and I'm pretty sure they have boats there. I just didn't know if there is only one place or if there are more.

Thanks,

Mike