Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Trailer Lights (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/56623-trailer-lights.html)

skatermike24 08-11-2003 07:05 AM

Trailer Lights

Well its time to change the trailer lights cause I'm tired of someone always telling me I have a light out, A friend of mine put these new LED lights on his trialer , does anyone have them on their trailer, or should I stick with the cheap 10.00 lights. :cool:

Shane 08-11-2003 07:08 AM

Morning Mike,

I have never used them but I have a friend that I went to college with who is an engineer and he says they are the balls. He says they last forever. I think they look cool.:D He lives overseas but if you would like I will PM you his e-mail and you can ask him. Let me know if you want it.

Shane
Anxiously awaiting my red submarine back!

CigDaze 08-11-2003 07:52 AM

The LED units are simply awesome.
LED's don't burn out, they are completely sealed up, won't leak and will last practically forever. Plus they look cool.

Roger 1 08-11-2003 08:00 AM

When you replace the wiring, make sure to solder and shrink tube all of the connections. Scince I have been doing that I have had zero problems.

Shane 08-11-2003 08:06 AM

Originally posted by Roger 1
When you replace the wiring, make sure to solder and shrink tube all of the connections. Scince I have been doing that I have had zero problems.
EXCELLENT advice!

skatermike24 08-11-2003 08:08 AM

Hey Shane thanks for the info.
Nicky, whats up buddy looks like your getting some rain

CigDaze 08-11-2003 09:17 AM

You got that right! :mad:
It's been raining like mad for about a week now.
I'll be taking the boat to work if this keeps up much longer! :)

Pure Energy 08-11-2003 03:50 PM

I put them on my trailer. I don't even unplug them anymore when I dunk it. They are on E-bay....cheap! $30.00 for a pair with wiring and lic. bracket. They are $60.00 at boaters world and west marine.

JUSTONCE 08-11-2003 03:55 PM

right on.
Solder good/crimp connecters bad!
Unless you want to redo every year. :D

Wally 08-11-2003 03:58 PM

also make sure to use some die-electric grease on the connector/truck plugs.....keeps them from corroding and not contacting properly! :-D

ChrisK 08-11-2003 03:59 PM

not just regular shrink tube either... get the style that has a dielectric grease type substance in it... that will seal out ALL elements!

ITLLFLI 08-11-2003 04:05 PM

My brother who runs a trailer shop here in cincy has them. He put them on both trailers of mine. Theyt look awesome!!

Call him and tell him you know me from OSO. He'll treat you right! Brandon 513-542-1733.

Byron

johnnybegood 08-11-2003 04:09 PM

indestructible LED lamp

check out mongolight.com

cuda 08-11-2003 04:47 PM

I put them on my trailer a few weeks ago. The kit came with connectors with heat shrink. One light was dim last week, undoubtably from a weak ground on that side. I just took the wire and connected it to the bolt that holds the light on. I should have greased it.