C.O.P.S. Run to watch the APBA in Milwaukee >

C.O.P.S. Run to watch the APBA in Milwaukee

Notices

C.O.P.S. Run to watch the APBA in Milwaukee

Old 07-28-2003, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question C.O.P.S. Run to watch the APBA in Milwaukee

Saturday August 9th and Sunday August 10th the first race starts at 1:00p.m. and the second is to start at 2:30p.m. We are planning to run up from Northpoint to watch the races both days. Saturday night is also the night of Northpoint's marina appreciation party. So there will be activities!!!!
If you have never ran on Lake Michigan or are a bit nervous about the size of your boat here is your chance. We have boats ranging in size from 26 foot on up. It WILL be a great time and a great way to see the races.

Lets here from those planning on attending so that we can start a count.
Old 07-28-2003, 01:05 PM
Registered

You dammmmmm well better be!!!
Old 07-28-2003, 02:47 PM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We plan on going. Bob, any arrangements for reserving slips at Northpoint?

Rick
Old 07-28-2003, 03:43 PM
Registered

Chicago Offshore Powerboats (COPS) – APBA Races in Milwaukee August 8, 9 and 10.

COPS will be organizing a series of fun runs from Winthrop Harbor IL, Northpoint Marina to the Milwaukee APBA Races August 9-10. (Maybe even August 8 if enough people are interested) Anyone is welcome to join!

Proposed Schedule:

Friday Afternoon – Boats arriving!

Saturday:
Boats arriving!
10:30 AM – Quick driver’s meeting
11AM – Depart for Milwaukee (approximately 30 miles). Anchor and raft inside the seawall to watch the races! (Race boats will run both inside and outside seawall)
1 PM – First Race
2:30 PM – Second Race
Option to go into Milwaukee to look at (drool on) race boats, hardware, etc.
Approximately 5 PM – return to Northpoint for dining and drinks at Tropics Restaurant (at Marina) and Venetian Night Party.

Sunday:
Breakfast available at Tropics or other restaurants in town depending on your waking hour.
10:30 AM – Quick driver’s meeting
11AM – Depart for Milwaukee (approximately 30 miles)
1 PM – First Race
2:30 PM – Second Race
Approximately 4 PM depart for Northpoint

Parking and launching are free, courtesy of the IL taxpayers. The ramps are currently being extended with an additional 20 feet of concrete! Most boaters didn’t have a problem before; this should ensure that even the largest boats get in and out trouble free. It is difficult to say how many ramps will be complete by August 8. They are starting on the North and working their way South.

There is a shuttle bus that runs for free from the marina into the town of Winthrop Harbor on the weekends for those that are boating in and wish to go into town for any errands.

Skipper Bud’s sells 93 Octane at the marina for about 10 to 15 cents more than you would pay at a land gas station (good deal by boating standards).

Motel Accomodations:
Many of us will stay on our boats. For those that wish to sleep in a bed on dry land there are a number of Motels very close to the marina. These are not 5 star establishments, but they are very close to the Marina (1 – 2 miles).
La Villa Motel – Largest in area
1401 Sheridan Road, Winthrop Harbor, IL 60096
847-746-2800

Abode Motel
1128 Sheridan Road, Winthrop Harbor, IL 60096
847-872-3476

Harbor Motel
1004 Sheridan Road, Winthrop Harbor, IL 60096
847-872-5400

RSVP to me at [email protected]
Send your name, boat name, boat make, length, approximate number of people and if you are interested in one or both days.

If the weather turns against us and the races are still on we will make alternate arrangements as a group and view the race from land.

Final slip arrangements are still being determined. I will post further information on Wednesday or Thursday.

I look forward to seeing you all!

Steve
Old 07-28-2003, 07:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Looks like a great time.
Old 07-28-2003, 07:49 PM
F1-44

Default Chicago Team

Hey Guys...

If you get a chance to come into the Pits, come say hi.

Tony Buffomante
Owner / Throttle
F1-44
Team BRE
Streamwood, IL

Old 07-28-2003, 08:44 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Are we going to raft up for the races? Tracy and i will already be in Milwaukee. We have slip reservations at McKinnly. So hopefully we can hook up with all of you when you get up to Milwaukee.

Todd
Old 07-28-2003, 09:34 PM
Registered

F1-44 - We will cheer for the local team!

Pantera 24 - Everyone is welcome. With 650 HP you may be passing some of us if it is calm!

Todd - Yes, we will be anchoring and rafting inside the seawall to watch the races. See you there!

Cashbrain - We have never had any problems with the police. However, they may check your boat over. Make sure you have lifejackets and valid flares etc. If you give them a hard time, they will give you a really hard time back. One boater started *****ing and whining before they even looked at his boat and they gave him the rubber glove treatment.
IF YOUR BOAT IS SAFE AND YOU ARE COURTEOUS YOU SHOULD BE FINE.

Steve
Old 07-28-2003, 10:36 PM
Registered

Bob & Steve,
I'm trailering up early Saturday morning. Not sure how many guests I have going yet. I want to go both days. Thanks for taking the time to get this organized. I know we will have a blast.
Dan
Old 07-28-2003, 10:41 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I will be there with Foul in tow. Literally.
262-243-9663

Now, Tommy had said that the dnr wasn't going to be ticketing, but you guys should know that they have been extremely aggressive this year.

Last edited by Cord; 07-29-2003 at 08:17 AM.

Quick Reply: C.O.P.S. Run to watch the APBA in Milwaukee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.