Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   42 MTI or 36 Eliminator Cat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/56746-42-mti-36-eliminator-cat.html)

BAJA WILL 08-12-2003 11:03 AM

42 MTI or 36 Eliminator Cat

I am looking to learn more on these two boats, especially from anyone with personal experience. Or if anyone can think of other cats in the same size that offer cabins.

Will;)

Dredgeking 08-12-2003 11:08 AM

the MTI is the sweetest cat with a cabin. randy does a beautiful job with these boats. this is the cat i would get if i needed a cabin.

BAJA WILL 08-12-2003 11:14 AM

Dredgeking,

Its not that I need a cabin, I just can't justify having a boat over 25' and not having a place to crash if I need to. I looked at Spectre and Skater, but cannot find a boat they make with a cabin???? Why would you wast so much space in the front??

Thanks for the input on MTI

Will;)

hot water 08-12-2003 11:16 AM

MTI is a awesome boat, I would also look at the 377 Talon it has a bigger cabin.

dreamboater 08-12-2003 11:24 AM

They make a 36 Skater Pleasure model with a cabin. None compare to the cabin in the MTI's. The Eliminator is a center pod tunnel (I am not sure about the MTI). If speed is a major factor go with the Skater. They are all true tunnels. I would say Skater would be the most expensive followed by MTI then Eliminator. Fit and finish is a tough choice. Eliminator does paint their boats under the gelcoat which is a nice feature. I grew up on a 21 Eliminator Daytona after 13 years the boat still looked brand new.

Dueclaws 08-12-2003 12:47 PM

Nortech cats have a cabin

baja27 08-12-2003 12:56 PM

Mti's are like a show car. Everything on them are perfect but then again your paying for it. Attention to detail is paramount.

T2x 08-12-2003 01:07 PM

No insult intended, but I wouldn't put Eliminator in the same category as a Skater, an MTI ( Skater derivative), or a Nortech. The latter three are in a whole different league in terms of design, construction, handling, speed, and resale.

The primary reason to buy a cat is performance. To "justify" purchasing one based on cabin space seems to defeat the whole premise. As I have often said, if you care about cabin space and amenities.......buy a Sea Ray.

T2x

cigarette1 08-12-2003 01:11 PM

Originally posted by T2x
No insult intended, but I wouldn't put Eliminator in the same category as a Skater, an MTI ( Skater derivative), or a Nortech. The latter three are in a whole different league in terms of design, construction, handling, speed, and resale. ....
T2x

Thanks ... that's exactly what I wanted to say, but didn't think I was qualified to say it.

:cool:

BLee 08-12-2003 01:27 PM

Originally posted by 27Fountain
Why would you wast so much space in the front??

Uhhh, speed? ;)