Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Powerquest boats ?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/56938-powerquest-boats.html)

JS232 08-14-2003 07:37 AM

Powerquest boats ??

I want to move from a Baja 232 to a 28-29 foot.

I love those 288 sunsations...

Last week, I went trough an article on the Powerquest Silencer 280. Never seen one here. Looks like a hell of a good boat. It's a stepped hull and as lots of room in it(very important for wife).

How would you guys compare those to Bajas, Fountain, Sunsation... ?

Mad Hatter 08-14-2003 07:51 AM

The glass work is good, interior work just plan sux. You might not notice at first unless you really start poking your nose around. Speaking of which, if the 280 tracks through the water like the 340, you'll be chaising that nose around all day, even at cruise. Powerquest is not my favorite boat.

Gary C 08-14-2003 07:59 AM

I'm sure you will get all kinds of opinions. But I'll give you my.02. I own a 98 260. I love the boat. I have been on a few 280's and I feel they are an awsome boat. I happen to like regular deep v boats so I went with a 260. If your wife likes room a Powerquest fits the bill. They have some of the biggest cockpits. I like them because they are nice and deep. I have never ridden in a Sunsation but have been in them at boat shows. Also a really nice boat. A little smaller feeling than a 280 Powerquest. A Fountain is a Fountain awsome boat period! But a 29 Fountain is smaller feeling than a PQ. Plus a whole lot more money. The Baja 272 is a nice big sport boat. Nice ride and room. But as far as build quality I would put it a little lower than the other 3. You should ride in all the boats you want to look at and make your own choice. Because everyone is different. I don't think you can go wrong with the Powerquest though:)

Reckless32 08-14-2003 08:03 AM

BillR had one prior to his 340 and JonB-Silencer currently has one (PQ280) with a fairing which are pretty sharp looking as well as the 340 with fairing. I personally couldn't tell ya about their quality, performance, or much else other than looking from the outside in and running along side many times. I'm sure they'll chime in soon with their experiences. I will offer this though, they are different boats for folks with different tastes and I think the bottom line will fall out that way....Good luck!

Scott 08-14-2003 08:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of our family cruiser putting along in a little ripple on a pond. :rolleyes:

Is it a bad azzz flat deck? no! but it does have it's place in the gofast market along with a ton of other boats in the same category. In my opinion the same boat with a windshield has a whole different look and may be why some people consider it a family cruiser:D

KAAMA 08-14-2003 08:46 AM

Hiya Scott!

Yep-----and I have a lot of friends with these boats! :D

dlbCheckmate 08-14-2003 08:49 AM

Scott, nice ride. I agree with a windshield it looks totaly different ! I prefer the fairing myself.

Reckless32 08-14-2003 08:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's JonB280Silencer's 280 with a fairing during one of our poker run stops two weeks ago...

Reckless32 08-14-2003 08:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine running down the James River one lazy Saturday...

Enticer Rick 08-14-2003 08:55 AM

I own a 2000 28 Silencer. Lots of cockpit and cabin room. One point I would like to make about PQ, is they back up there product. My fit and finish is fine. Had a 232
Baja before the PQ. The fit and finish on that boat was bad, had a problem resolving issues with Baja.