Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone goona be in the water on Friday?
Old 08-18-2003, 07:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Cool!
Thanks for all the answers, guys!

I Look forward to meeting new people and seeing familiar faces. The races are going to be great!

The Boathouse sounds like the place.

Mike, no Friday for me...doesn't look like I can sneak out.

Thanks OSO.

Last edited by Baja Daze; 08-18-2003 at 07:37 AM.
Old 08-18-2003, 09:59 AM
Registered

Gettin in on Friday mid day, hopefully will be in the water Friday afternoon, see ya
Old 08-18-2003, 03:21 PM
Registered

Baja, Im staying at The Wellesley Inn but my boat will be at Marina Jacks no problem with the ride 4 door crew cab there just need to work on your schedule.
Old 08-18-2003, 04:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey...cool deal. Maybe we'll see you at the marina!
Old 08-18-2003, 06:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Cuda Ive talked to you a few times Like to meet you be in my white and purple Pantera be at the races and opra labor day run /see your boat or roster tail Brian
Old 08-18-2003, 06:53 PM
Banned

Default Marina may be open

It looks like the slips may be available at the Hyatt. Can someone call the dockmaster tomorrow and confirm? I've got to be on the road all day tomorrow.

I got this email from the president of our boating club, the Opba. I believe Russ is our very own Formula Outlaw on Oso.

Hey folks, I just received some interesting news regarding the Sarasota APBA races on August 22nd-24th, from our SORA connection, Russell Snyder. It appears that there is a NEW noise ordinance in the Quay harbor that prohibits the race boats from test running their engines while docked at the wet pits, in the Quay. Therefore, the wet pits will most likely be used for docking the race boats before and after the races. The wet pits will still be open for spectators as before, but the testing of the boats will be positioned at the nearby boat ramps, which are closed to the general public.

Where this leads us is the Quay is now open, by request of the Sarasota Hyatt, for all OPBA members to be able to dock their 'performance' boats at the Hyatt docks as well. I believe a majority of the Quay docks are still reserved for the racers. But this allows us members to enter the Quay with our boats and dock at the Hyatt, and enjoy their many facilities. Now we are able to see the wet-pits by boat, as we were unable to do so previously. There is no docking fees associated with this event, otherwise a $35/boat charge is assessed. So we are glad to take advantage of this issue as it provides more freedom and accessibility for spectating the races and wet pits for the OPBA members. The Sarasota Hyatt is hoping the OPBA members will take advantage of this rare situation and utilize the many amenities of the hotel as well. They still have rooms available should you want to stay the night(s). The number is 941-953-1234.

This does limit our access to exit and enter the Quay when the racers are heading in or out to the race site. Please refrain from interfering with the race boats coming in and out of the wet slips in the Quay, and at the designated boat ramps. I also ask all OPBA members to respect this noise ordinance at the Quay as well. We are given this opportunity to participate in this event as we are looked upon as a respectable and courteous boat club. I will look to organize a fun run to the Quay from St. Petersburg for Saturday's and Sunday's races. More information on that coming soon.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:32 PM
Registered

Cuda, you are correct. Tis indeed I. We would like any OSO and OPBA people to take a slip at the Hyatt if possible. Want performance boats there. One condition. We need the slips free to be used as "wet pits" for the race boats to congregate to be led out to the course by the pace boats. This would be from about 10:30/11:00 to about 2:00 pm only. That should not present a problem for anyone because everybody should already have headed out to the course for a good spot to anchor out. As mentioned, the slip is free for the evening(s) with your room. This would happen both days. I don't think this condition should inconvience anyone at all. We would really like to have some nice machinery (Cuda this means you) to display during the evening hours. There will be a lot of people there including TV. So how about it? Anybody want to dock at the Hyatt? Call me at 941-544-1375 or e-mail [email protected], or call Sara Rankin at 941-929-0621. We want some muscle here to show off. Most of the racers do not want to leave their boats in the water overnight. Give me a call.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:23 AM
Registered

no problem look for us, we will partake in a cold one, here is what we look like!
Attached Thumbnails Sarasota: Who's staying at the Hyatt?-p6200006.jpg  
Old 08-19-2003, 07:55 AM
Registered

JRocket, except for the name on the hull sides of my boat, we look extemely similar. Glad you're coming. E-mail me [email protected] your name so I can give it to the dockmaster or call 941-544-1375. thanks...

Quick Reply: Sarasota: Who's staying at the Hyatt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.