Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Jaguar Testimonial (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/56983-jaguar-testimonial.html)

IceAngel 08-14-2003 03:58 PM

Jaguar Testimonial

1 Attachment(s)
For those of you that have any questions about the structural integrity of Jaguar Powerboats, here are a few pictures of an award given to Jack Clark for building the safeset powerboat ever made.

If you can't read the plaque, basically what the story is is that Bill Gifford barrell rolled his 40' Jaguar during the Worlds in Key West at over 115 MPH, because of a freak wind gust. All team members emerged from the boat unscathed. From what I hear, Bill got out and kissed the boat.

IceAngel 08-14-2003 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and another

lucy 08-14-2003 04:22 PM

jack builds the best and safest cat on the planet.i have been to 31 av. and seen them built. jack ,jerry and lenny visited me in chi. a few years back.the deck goes up not down like most cats that alone will save your life.

cya lucy.

IceAngel 08-14-2003 05:15 PM

Cat-

There was a Team Jaguar in Super Light, and Snack Attack was over there racing also, but I believe they have left SBI. As far as Super Cat is concerned, there might not be any racing right now, but STAY TUNED.

IceAngel 08-14-2003 05:18 PM

Also one thing everyone needs to keep in mind...Jack Clark's only means of advertising was strictly by word of mouth, he was the only boat builder Sean knew that had an unlisted phone number. He was happy only building a few boats a year. However, that's all about to change.

Dano 08-14-2003 05:33 PM

That's interesting...I saw one of those hulls down in Biscayne Bay running around. That boat flew...I was scoping it out at the dock...very impressive looking build and it ran flat and true.

Not much of a cat guy but gotta' say...they ain't a kiddin' from what I saw.

Build them babies in production applications starting at under 250K and you would have a serious market in my opinion...

sean stinson 08-14-2003 07:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Also I remember the space coast race in the early ninties when Manny Fernandez and Ugo Columbo stuffed The Ferrari boat (black and yellow 35) at 120+ mph. The boat went completely under, I mean out of sight, went 70 - 80 ft or so before coming back up with no real damage at all. It lost the engine hatch scoops and maybe part of the hatch itself. While underwater they picked up a small shark that they discovered back at the dock. I wonder what they had for dinner that evening?

Cat we are talking about the racing thing but I think we will concentrate more on the Poker Runs for now. Dont get me wrong we do take racing serious but have to walk before we run.:D :cool: :D :cool:

GOFSTCAT 08-14-2003 08:32 PM

sean are you working with jack?

IceAngel 08-14-2003 09:48 PM

Yes Sean is working with Jack

sean stinson 08-14-2003 11:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cat this one is for you. :cool: