Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Jaguar Testimonial (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/56983-jaguar-testimonial.html)

IceAngel 08-14-2003 03:58 PM

Jaguar Testimonial

1 Attachment(s)
For those of you that have any questions about the structural integrity of Jaguar Powerboats, here are a few pictures of an award given to Jack Clark for building the safeset powerboat ever made.

If you can't read the plaque, basically what the story is is that Bill Gifford barrell rolled his 40' Jaguar during the Worlds in Key West at over 115 MPH, because of a freak wind gust. All team members emerged from the boat unscathed. From what I hear, Bill got out and kissed the boat.

IceAngel 08-14-2003 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and another

lucy 08-14-2003 04:22 PM

jack builds the best and safest cat on the planet.i have been to 31 av. and seen them built. jack ,jerry and lenny visited me in chi. a few years back.the deck goes up not down like most cats that alone will save your life.

cya lucy.

IceAngel 08-14-2003 05:15 PM

Cat-

There was a Team Jaguar in Super Light, and Snack Attack was over there racing also, but I believe they have left SBI. As far as Super Cat is concerned, there might not be any racing right now, but STAY TUNED.

IceAngel 08-14-2003 05:18 PM

Also one thing everyone needs to keep in mind...Jack Clark's only means of advertising was strictly by word of mouth, he was the only boat builder Sean knew that had an unlisted phone number. He was happy only building a few boats a year. However, that's all about to change.

Dano 08-14-2003 05:33 PM

That's interesting...I saw one of those hulls down in Biscayne Bay running around. That boat flew...I was scoping it out at the dock...very impressive looking build and it ran flat and true.

Not much of a cat guy but gotta' say...they ain't a kiddin' from what I saw.

Build them babies in production applications starting at under 250K and you would have a serious market in my opinion...

sean stinson 08-14-2003 07:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Also I remember the space coast race in the early ninties when Manny Fernandez and Ugo Columbo stuffed The Ferrari boat (black and yellow 35) at 120+ mph. The boat went completely under, I mean out of sight, went 70 - 80 ft or so before coming back up with no real damage at all. It lost the engine hatch scoops and maybe part of the hatch itself. While underwater they picked up a small shark that they discovered back at the dock. I wonder what they had for dinner that evening?

Cat we are talking about the racing thing but I think we will concentrate more on the Poker Runs for now. Dont get me wrong we do take racing serious but have to walk before we run.:D :cool: :D :cool:

GOFSTCAT 08-14-2003 08:32 PM

sean are you working with jack?

IceAngel 08-14-2003 09:48 PM

Yes Sean is working with Jack

sean stinson 08-14-2003 11:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cat this one is for you. :cool:

sean stinson 08-14-2003 11:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Also here's the one that caught the shark.

sean stinson 08-14-2003 11:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I posted some more in the Jaguar owners forum or you can go to www.jaguarmarine.com to find out more. Here's one more that used to dominate the Open Class.

IceAngel 08-15-2003 08:38 PM

Originally posted by Too Old
Got more Jag pics?
Sure Fred...We have some in the Jaguar Owners Forum, and I just got some more that I'm going to post in this thread very soon

sean stinson 08-16-2003 11:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok here are a couple of teasers Fred. Sorry I had to try to kidnap the wife last night....:):)

Sean

sean stinson 08-16-2003 11:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
another

sean stinson 08-16-2003 12:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
again

sean stinson 08-16-2003 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
1 more for the road, check out more in the Jaguar Owners forum.

sean stinson 08-17-2003 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the line drawings for the new 40. The tooling is ready to go right now.

This one is for you SLINGSHOT!

tachyon 08-17-2003 03:51 PM

Sean,

Who designed it? can't make out the four letters in the title block.

tachyon 08-17-2003 03:52 PM

Also,

It looks like a shaft drive??

SLINGSHOT 08-17-2003 06:50 PM

i got wood

sean stinson 08-17-2003 07:00 PM

Originally posted by tachyon
Also,

It looks like a shaft drive??

Hey Dave,

It was a collabration of Michael Peters and Jack Clark using Jack's specs and some of Michaels ideas also to come to the above finished product.

Also you can get it with #6's, Weismann's, Arneson with rudder steering, or whatever you may wish. There are some pictures of the Arneson with rudder steering on the back shots of the Coca Cola boat. Will talk to everyone later tonight.

Easy Sling.

Sean

tachyon 08-17-2003 07:31 PM

Hey Sean,

Is it a current (new) design? I was told (by MP himself) that he was "exclusively retained" by the Victory Team/ Dubai for race boat design (i.e. they took him off the market). The design above certainly "looks" more race than pleasure....

sean stinson 08-17-2003 09:18 PM

Yes sir you are correct. I don't know the exact details but this project was done before the Victory deal. And stems back to when the 48/50 project (WildThing & CocaCola boats) was done. The tooling was completed but a boat never laid up to the best of my knowledge. If you would like to talk via landline please PM your number to me and I will gladly talk with you. Also I would be happy to find out the exact details for you and convey them to you. I am more than happy to do this.

Sean

sean stinson 08-17-2003 09:29 PM

Originally posted by Too Old
and a voice was heard....."build them and they will come......":D :D :D
Fred

Thanks for the support. I am in agreement with you on this subject. The direction we're going in is to get a couple out in the marketplace and then build a badass one for the poker run circuit. Then we will get into racing and endurance runs. Hell maybe then we could probably accept Apaches challenge that they have posted up on their website! That would be one hell of a race the Apache boys have been doing their homework and have one hell of a product in their camp. :eek: :) It would prove to be a hell of a duel to say the least. :D :cool: :D :cool:

Sean

BattleCry 08-18-2003 12:02 AM

I've been in, on, around, over, and under Wild Thing. I also took a nice rough water ride in it on Biscayne Bay back in November a few days before the Worlds. That boat is awesome.

I hope the JET idea works.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

sean stinson 08-18-2003 10:08 AM

Hey Battle Cry.....I haven't been in the Wild Thing but have seen it up close. It looked absolutely impeccable. What I want to know is when you rode in it, Did it seem like it took a long time to wind the Torques up to get to WOT? It seemes to me that they're like a freight train and it takes a lot of water to wind them out. The boat ran in the 140's I'm told though. Thanks Sean

BattleCry 08-19-2003 03:35 AM

I'm not really sure about how long it took to wind up the Torques. When we went out it was getting rough out and if you know or have met the owner, he is not afraid to use to equipment to its FULLEST extent. He is by far the most daring while in control driver I have ever boated with. That is Sugar Coating it a BUNCH. That boat handled the rough at over 100mph like it was nothing. Soft landings.

Sean, feel free to take a ride with JoJo ANYTIME. It will be an experience you won't soon forget. Or maybe you can go for a pickelfork ride at over 120mph with him. Either way its well worth it.

BattleCry 08-19-2003 03:41 AM

Sorry how can I forget the 47 that runs over a 100mph.

I was in South Florida when Wild Thing was being painted after it came out of the mold. I watched the progress for two weeks. I was totally amazed.

Have you ever met him?

He always wants to go faster and be different.

sean stinson 08-20-2003 08:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
No I haven't met him that I know of, but I would love to meet and talk with him. Anyway here's an air shot of another Jag.

sean stinson 08-20-2003 08:31 AM

Sorry about the quality I will fix it and update later. I am late for a meeting will talk with everyone later.

Sean

GOFSTCAT 08-20-2003 09:28 PM

Jojo defiantly not your typical large cat owner. had the pleasure of meeting him as we were rigging the boat and then the words back in 2000

sean stinson 08-20-2003 11:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thats what I have been told. I would love to meet him and talk shop with him sometime. :):)

sean stinson 08-20-2003 11:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jaguar Offshore Racing Team

sean stinson 08-20-2003 11:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And some of their many Awards

sean stinson 08-20-2003 11:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another

SLINGSHOT 08-21-2003 08:40 AM

SEAN CALL ME@#$##$

sean stinson 08-21-2003 10:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Fred

I have to agree with you there......Could use some upgrading in that dept.

Sling answer the phone once in awhile. I have tried a couple times during and since the blackout. I will try in a few minutes again.

Sean

sean stinson 08-22-2003 11:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A quick pic