Orange Beach,Alabama SBI Race

Notices

Orange Beach,Alabama SBI Race

Old 08-16-2003, 06:23 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orange Beach,Alabama SBI Race

A friend was in Orange Beach today, he said they are promoting big time ,billboards,banners, flyers in all the restaurants and bars. It seems they are going all out to make the race and poker run a success.Even tho Sarasota is the same weekend I think we can have a great weekend here in Alabama.Not wanting to get into politics,just want to have fun and I can assure you there will be a fun weekend in LA(Lower Alabama).
Old 08-16-2003, 06:38 PM
Registered

Hey Magicfloat,

Thanks again for the support. See you at the capts. meeting at the Bait Friday night. As soon as I get through with the poker run briefing I'll buy you a drink for all the kind words!!!

Again, we are looking forward to everyone comming to OB for the weekend!
Old 08-17-2003, 08:30 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

We are closing the store Thursday at noon ,all of our crew will be heading down, we will hook up Friday. Robert
Old 08-17-2003, 09:30 AM
Registered

Though I am HEAVILY involved with the Saraota race, I wanted to wish you guys the best of luck and have a great/safe race. When you get down to it, irregardless of sanctioning body, when the races come to town, WE ALL WIN.....Here's to your success and having a geat time. Outlaw
Old 08-17-2003, 10:09 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

I am wrong many times but I have a gut feeling that next year we will all be at the same race site on the same weekend,I sure hope so. Robert
Old 08-17-2003, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in Orange Beach yesterday and Robert is right. Its all over town on billboards. Its on a lot of radio stations. The local TV news is pumping it on every broadcast. SBI is getting tons of support from the local community. Everybody is talking about the race.

We will be down there. My boat is already there. Ill try to wear an OSO shirt erevyday so we should say hi to each other. My inlaws live on the water across the street from the Florabama. The dock is private and there will be security there because of the poker run but if someone needs to dock I can help. Just PM me sometimes this week.

I think the race will be a sucess because of all of the support the locals are giving it. My only concern is where the course is. I think someone on OSO said it was going to be 300-500 yards off the beach which will make it difficult to see if you are not in the spectator fleet.

Anyway give me a call if you are going down. We should try to get an OSO group get together for dinner and drinks. We already have at least 8 people from the Baton Rouge Boat Club going down. Most are staying at the Caribe.

Ron Cardinal
225-413-8155 cell
Old 08-17-2003, 12:25 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

We are at Phoenix 5, across from Live Bait. Cell 205-275-9260

Last edited by Magicfloat; 08-17-2003 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-17-2003, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will do Robert!

Ron
Old 08-17-2003, 03:09 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

a buddy of mine is down tehre and he's tryign to get me to fly down for the race. I might any idea how many boats are gonna show up? And who can we hitcha ride with? Prolly be 3 of us.
Old 08-20-2003, 03:34 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Just talked to friend at a dealership in Orange Beach. He said already over 120 boats registered for the Poker Run Sat and about 40 raceboats for Sun. Lot of boats already there. The Monopoly Skater is there. This is looking like a fun weekend,most all rooms are sold out, a little boat storage is still available.

Quick Reply: Orange Beach,Alabama SBI Race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.