Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   pls tell me about key west 2004 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/57188-pls-tell-me-about-key-west-2004-a.html)

timucin 08-17-2003 05:22 PM

pls tell me about key west 2003

when is the exact date?
are you all going there?
will there be a oso party?
is it hard to find hotel during that time? (any advice about which hotel is better)
do i have to buy/reserve a ticket?
where is the best place to watch the race?
do they let visitors to visit pits?

CigDaze 08-18-2003 07:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Timucin, it would be great if you can make it.

--The events will be November 17-23. Racing will take place on Wednesady, the 19 and Sat-Sun, the 22-23.
Here is a schedule

--There will be hundreds of OSO members and racers there. We'll be there for sure!

--OSO almost always has something set-up during one of the nights. But not to worry, the whole island is one big party. Just walking around on Duval street, you will meet many people from OSO. Wear your OSO shirts and hats.

--Hotels fill up quickly, especially the host hotels and the larger hotels near Malory Square, but you should be able to find something on the island relatively easily, but maybe a little further. Some of the prefered hotels are the Galleon, Hilton, Marriot, Ocean Key, Pier House, Westin, Whyndam. All nice places to stay. For other opinions and ideas, check here

--You do not need to reserve any tickets. Tickets can be purchased on site, the day of the events. VIP viewing should be purchased in advance, though.

--The best place to watch the race is from the Truman Annex. It's right on the water and the boats come close. Check out thepic...you can feel the wind from the boats.

Yes, visitors may enter the pits during certain times, but the wet pits are closed during loading and race times.

Hope this helps.

CigDaze 08-18-2003 07:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:cool:

CigDaze 08-18-2003 07:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:)

R Addiction 08-18-2003 09:44 AM

Nick said to wear your t-shirts and stuff!!!! Timucin is having a hell of a time getting his stuff!!!

Come on down , a good time is always had at any time during that week!;)

I've come down and always found a nice place to stay even when I waited til the last minute!!:p

Ron P 08-18-2003 09:59 AM

Do you mean 03 or 04? I don't think 04 dates have been set yet.

Ron

timucin 08-18-2003 10:39 AM

oops sorry i missed the yaers i meant 2003 :) LOL

Nick thnx for detailed info

Mike J 08-18-2003 02:54 PM

Timucin: Make sure you check
any info you get from this OSO
Group about where to stay.
Remember about 1/3 of the people down there wear their
ear-rings on the other side.
:O :O
Mike J.

CigDaze 08-18-2003 02:59 PM

Very good point, Mike. Watch out for those art-deco kind of places.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 08-18-2003 03:16 PM

One thing to remember: "What happens on the island stays on the island......"
:D :D :D :D :D ;)