Slips Available @ Hyatt for Sarasota Race >

Slips Available @ Hyatt for Sarasota Race

Notices

Slips Available @ Hyatt for Sarasota Race

Old 08-18-2003, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Slips Available @ Hyatt for Sarasota Race

Hey guys/gals. The Hyatt has slips available for performance boats in the Hyatt Basin during the Sarasota Offshore Showdown for those OSO and OPBA people staying at the hotel, FOR FREE...Most of the racers apparently are not going to leave their boats in the water overnight, so slips are available. There is one small condition. The Hyatt Basin is being used as the "wet pits", where the race boats will congregate to be led out to the race course by the pace boat. That means the slips need to be available to the racers by around 10:00 a.m. or so, until 2:00 p.m. or so. That should not present a problem because all of us should already be out on the race course looking for that optiumum anchor spot. We would really like to have some performance boats in the basin during the evening for people to admire. There will be TV coverage, who knows you might end up on camera.
Call me at 941-544-1375 or Sara @ 941-929-0621 or e-mail me at [email protected] . We would really like to have you people at the Hyatt. Come on Down.............
Old 08-18-2003, 09:07 PM
Registered

Come on, need some action on this...
Old 08-18-2003, 09:14 PM
Registered

I`ll be there with several other OPBA members lookin at the hardware.........
Old 08-18-2003, 09:17 PM
Registered

Rumor has it that the Quay now has a noise ordinence in effect. Thats gonna be intresting that weekend!
Old 08-19-2003, 08:06 AM
Registered

The "noise ordinance" isn't your typical noise ordinance.
What it entails, is that the local government does not want boats tied to the slips, running and gunning their motors for extended periods of time. Might upset the condo owners you see. Imagine, buying a condo overlooking a marina basin, and perish the thought of actually hearing a boat. Face it. People are just plain STUPID STUPID STUPID. This new ordinance will have no effect whatsoever on performance boats coming in/out and docking. You just can't sit there and gun your motors for 20 minutes. This has been discussed thoroughly with the "powers to be" and have been guaranteed no problem with performance boats just doing normal procedures. The OPBA Long Labor Day Poker Run is in the Hyatt the following weekend. So don't be concerned that they won't let you "hot" guys in. WE WANT YOU THERE. I CAN'T SAY IT ANY PLAINER THAN THAT. WE WANT YOU THERE. WE NEED PERFORMANCE BOATS IN THAT BASIN AT NIGHT AND IT'S FREE!!!!!Please, get in on this and help us out....Thanks Outlaw
Old 08-19-2003, 10:38 AM
Registered

Speed2Lead, are you staying at the Hyatt this weekend and if so do you/others want a slip? I really need to know the count by Wednesday night/Thur morning by the latest. Outlaw
Old 08-19-2003, 04:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Are reservations required?
Can I make a reservation?
Old 08-19-2003, 06:13 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Nick
See post about Hyatt
Old 08-19-2003, 10:02 PM
Registered

Nick, there are about 9 rooms left at this point. I will post the contact person for a room reservation tomorrow morning. They are offering OPBA and OSO members a discount rate, I think. I'll have it posted by 8:30 am our time. Outlaw
Old 08-20-2003, 12:44 PM
Registered

OPBA/OSO members, if you want a free wet slip at the Hyatt, get in touch with me. If you're interested in a room call 1-800-233-1234, tell them you're with the APBA/SOS and you'll get a discount on the room rate. If you're staying elsewhere, I may still be able to get you slip space at the Hyatt. Call me.. 941-544-1375

Quick Reply: Slips Available @ Hyatt for Sarasota Race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.