Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT - I'm a daddy - Rottweilers >

OT - I'm a daddy - Rottweilers

Notices

OT - I'm a daddy - Rottweilers

Old 08-22-2003, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rotties are amazing..... but these weights are scary. The breed standard generally results in a show male at 110-130lbs...and a female at 90-100 lbs. Any Rottie over that is probably either overweight (which leads to premature hip issues and other health ailments) or over the breed limits as set by AKC. There is a school of owners who worship large size over all other traits in a Rottweiler....but that is not good for the breed in general...... nor does it help their already tarnished image (Vicious "Omen" Dogs). I find most of the big ones to be less agile and shorter lived than the ones within standard.
T2X

You are dead on. Way to many people have hurt the breed over the years. I have owned Rotties for 18 years and when people ask how I like them I say not at all, hoping this will keep people who don't need to own this breed from ruining them further.

One of the males I currently own comes from an extensive show line. Jacob weighs 134 lbs and he is in good shape considering he is 8 years old now. Under show rules he is actually 1/4" too tall and would receive deductions for that. I have been around a lot of rotties and he is my pride and joy b/c he is beautiful.

You said your girlfriend is a handler? Jacobs father was Willsden's enoch (echo) anden, he finished second at the 1995 AKC Rottweiler nationals. His father was Mirko Van Steimkoff (SP?) and was an american and canadian champion that was imported from Germany from some people here in SC.

Jacob should have been shown but I never could quite get into some of the "show crowd" if you know what I mean. Some are great but some were...well...

I will try to take some digital photos of mine this weekend and post them. Most Rottie people are like me and love showing off their dogs and I love to see other people's dogs.

Last edited by clearcut3; 08-22-2003 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-22-2003, 04:58 PM
Registered

Sahja (the new Mom) as a pup.
They are the cutest puppies in the world!!!
Old 08-22-2003, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Rouxsterre, Congrats! Should be some nice Pups. Rotties are great dogs.

T2x What is Doreen's Kennel name? I show Irish Wolfhounds and will keep an eye out at the various shows. The pup I am now showing isn't my breeding, he came from a NJ Kennel. I will probably be at Westminister this year to show a couple of their hounds. Gives me something to do when Lake Erie is frozen. <g>
Old 08-22-2003, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, I have a 10yr. old 90lb. female and a 2 1/2yr. old male that is pushing 160lbs. Can't ever imagine gettingany other breed.
Old 08-23-2003, 02:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How precious is that. She's beautiful and the pups are too cute. Congratulations.
Old 08-24-2003, 09:38 PM
Registered

Pups - Day 3
Attached Thumbnails OT - I'm a daddy - Rottweilers-puppies.jpg  
Old 08-25-2003, 07:25 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by Padraig
Rouxsterre, Congrats! Should be some nice Pups. Rotties are great dogs.

T2x What is Doreen's Kennel name? I show Irish Wolfhounds and will keep an eye out at the various shows. The pup I am now showing isn't my breeding, he came from a NJ Kennel. I will probably be at Westminister this year to show a couple of their hounds. Gives me something to do when Lake Erie is frozen. <g>
Doreen's kennel name is Robhan's.................. named after a horse she showed as a kid. She has bred a number of champions. We have three champions in the house now....and a fourth in process.

T2x
Old 08-25-2003, 11:45 PM
Registered

Day four - Fat male . . .
He's already a PORKER. Gonna be a stout mutha.
Attached Thumbnails OT - I'm a daddy - Rottweilers-day-4.jpg  

Last edited by rouxsterre; 08-26-2003 at 01:24 AM.
Old 08-26-2003, 06:28 AM
Registered

Congrats!!!
Old 08-26-2003, 07:54 AM
Registered

Rouxstere,

That is wonderful and congratulations. One of my closest friends growing up, (the daughter of racing legend Dick O'Dea) had a rotty and her name was Crystal. I used to kid Jen and her mom and dad that Crystal was like the "roach motel", you could get in...but NO ONE got out! I had teh honor and pleasure of hosting T2x and Doreen for a few days last month. All I can say is that Doreen is a truly WONDERFUL lady. She spent a lot of time speaking with me and my wife about the health issues with our Lab Zoe and with my mom and sister too. I am certain that if you get the chance to speak or meet her you will find her an amazing individual. Heck, she has stuck with T2x for along time, so that says ALOT! Best wishes for a happy and healthy litter. T2x, hope to see you soon and my love to Doreen.

Quick Reply: OT - I'm a daddy - Rottweilers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.