Wardens only wish they knew what a Top Gun was

Notices

Wardens only wish they knew what a Top Gun was

Old 09-10-2003, 10:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark,

We are having an End of Year 'Freeze your A__ party at the Pioneer in Oshkosh on the 3rd, 4th & 5th of October. That may be a great place to kick start your idea. All of the Poker Runners will be getting a mailing shortly with the details.

Top Gun Sheri,

Good luck with your ticket - we're all behind you!!!!!
Old 09-10-2003, 10:54 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Oshkosh-sounds like I need to get in touch with your friend!
Old 09-11-2003, 07:56 AM
Registered

Mark: thank's for the invite, we'll be in Fort Lauderdale that weekend. If I can be of any assistance, let me know. Thank's
Old 09-12-2003, 11:05 AM
liquidlocomotive

little tommy where are you? how much did you pay?

Old 09-13-2003, 07:48 PM
chris bresser

Default wdnr

i'm part of the oshkosh thunder group and have been ticked for noise. both poker runs on winnie have been targeted by the dnr. i dont boat up the fox or the wolf anymore because of the dnr. i took the ticket to court and beat the dnr. they did not perform the test according to the sae test nor the state law. i urge all those with noise tickets to plead not guilty. you will beat the dnr. what ticked me off is when they told me to take it to the trailer on july 4 weekend. lawyer told me that we are innocent till proven guilty! we must all get together to stop this. the mistake they made testing they will not make again. i know that i'm a target now so let it be i will see all my friends from the dept. of noise reduction in court again! loud pipes save lives.

Old 09-15-2003, 12:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here! Here! Thanks for all of your efforts, Chris. I hope everyone puts a steel set on and fights the harrassment as you did. We are still working on the lobby idea. That's the only way to put the nail in the coffin for good. Hats off to you, buddy!
Old 09-15-2003, 10:48 PM
liquidlocomotive

RonS, one week till court date, looking forward to the results. IllandNoise DNR just tested me with my mufflers on and I pulled a 91.1db. Said its ok to run here but dont go to my home state the are being real pricks about it at 86 db.

Old 10-13-2003, 08:45 AM
Registered

Talking Noise

If anyone was watching, the snowmobiler noise law was discussed by Evan Zeppos on the Mark Belling TV Show in Wisconsin (WTMJ4). He was outraged about such a "dumb" law and that it should go away....why dont we try and get the media (boater friendly ones) here involved in the boat noise issues also. That, along with a lobbyist like Mark has been talking about and the organization of the WI powerboating community should geive us a little leverage. Anyone here what happend with Sheri's ticket in Oshkosh????
Old 10-13-2003, 12:38 PM
Registered

Offshore Gal, Sheri's ticket was in Green Bay. She has a pre-trial conference later this week. I'll be going along. Hope it will get tossed before trial. (which is scheduled for December) Thank's MB
PS: That is an excellent idea on the radio/media. That was done several years ago to another warden on WAPL, he was the "Wienie of the week" for on of his stunts!
Old 10-17-2003, 09:54 AM
SheriTopGun

Talking Noise Ticket thrown out of court!!

Score one for high performance boaters. My "noise violation" received in August was thrown out of court this morning. I plead not guilty by letter, representing myself. All those not represented must meet with the Asst. DA prior to court. We talked with the Asst DA this morning, explained our story, showed him the pic of Mr. DNR "performing the test". Slam dunk, signed off immediately, as he was rolling his eyes mumbling something about "I've dealt with the DNR before". No fines, no fees, no attorneys. Carry your cameras folks next summer and not just for the bikini shots now. Thanks for all the support and ideas.

Quick Reply: Wardens only wish they knew what a Top Gun was

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.