Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
1000 Islands Poker Run Report? >

1000 Islands Poker Run Report?

Notices

1000 Islands Poker Run Report?

Old 08-25-2003, 12:50 PM
WickedWon

Default What The Hell ?

Everytime we start thinking about making the trip I hear about the logistically nightmare it turns into, not to mention how fed up I am with Canada. Why are they suprised that boats need fuel and yea,ya gotta feed the people after you take their money What am I missing ?

JD

Old 08-25-2003, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default info

First of all do not assume canadians are pissed at the U.S about anything! Canadians don't get pissed. Second - entrants can thank Bill Taylor and Poker Runs America for the high cost and poor organization not the host towns. Next year is already planned and will have no part of Bill Taylor and the gang. It will be consistant with the success of past years with the old route as well (or close to it). Poker Runs America will also TRY to host one on the same date out of Kingston. Granted the location will be better with regards to night life but the route and disorganization will remain. Gan will most likely be less expensive and will probably give you more bang for your buck without Power Boat Mag.

As for Customs & Immigration - I hate to break it to you but it is the same going both ways. I am not bitter but will be clearer and more informative when I have more time.

I'm glad that most entrants and spectators had a positive time and will return to one or the other next year.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:02 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think that the 1000 Islands Powerboat Club could host an event in their hometown without Bill Taylor and his crew and do a better job of it. For what he charges and what you get in return, only puts a TON of cash in his pocket. Do the math and you'll realize he is fleecing the poker runners. I am not surprised at any of the disappointments. It has been a downhill slide for a couple years now.
Of course, if you like to support Bill Taylor, have at it!
On the other hand, you can't blame Taylor for keeping his cash cow still mooing, can you?
Old 08-25-2003, 02:30 PM
Registered

BORDERLINE,

I seem to like the smaller poker run organizers better myself. Kind of like mom and pop shops instead of big box stores. They seem to really appreciate the business much more and give you more in return. I look forward to hearing more about this exciting upcoming event. Two questions that may be premature:

1.) Will 24 Skaters be allowed to officially enter? Unfortunately, PRA will not allow us to enter this particular run.

2.) If The 1000 Islands Poker Run Club hosts such an event, what safety precautions have been taken to prevent one "event" running WFO head on in to the other? Could be very dangerous! Keep up the great work and positive attitude. You guys by FAR have the NICEST and BEST location for poker runs anywhere!

DaveP,

U.S. or Canada man, you know where to find and support the ladies with the entrprenuerial spirit! Gotta love it! Thanks again for the ride!
Old 08-25-2003, 02:31 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Luvoffshore
Man, sounds like some of it was a damned nightmare! I'll have to find out what my Bros have to say to. Glad everyone had a great time and hope there weren't any mishaps on the water and that everyone had a safe return to home base!!

Shane, I always like reading your posts because they are so detailed and interesting to me. This was no exception. Thanks man!
THANKS!
Old 08-25-2003, 03:02 PM
M2
Registered

Default 1000 Island Pics

Attached Thumbnails 1000 Islands Poker Run Report?-scan3574.jpg  
Old 08-25-2003, 03:04 PM
M2
Registered

Attached Thumbnails 1000 Islands Poker Run Report?-scan3591.jpg  
Old 08-25-2003, 03:14 PM
M2
Registered

Attached Thumbnails 1000 Islands Poker Run Report?-scan3623.jpg  
Old 08-25-2003, 03:20 PM
M2
Registered

Attached Thumbnails 1000 Islands Poker Run Report?-scan3633.jpg  
Old 08-25-2003, 03:30 PM
M2
Registered

Attached Thumbnails 1000 Islands Poker Run Report?-scan3658.jpg  

Quick Reply: 1000 Islands Poker Run Report?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.