Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What happened to the Skater post? >

What happened to the Skater post?

Notices

What happened to the Skater post?

Old 08-30-2003, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question What happened to the Skater post?

There was a post up here earlier today about Skaters vs ???. I just logged on to see if my membership has kicked in (now I can see pics!) and I see this posting has disappeared. What's up? Am I missing something? I hope this board isn't censored!
Old 08-30-2003, 08:45 PM
FWK

Unless there was something very objectionable the post would not have been removed. I did not see anything earlier today that would have caused that. Though I could have missed something later. Did you start the thread or did someone else?

Old 08-30-2003, 09:44 PM
Registered

Someone else started the thread. Not that I cared about the content, I just want to be sure that someone isn't taking out threads because they don't like the content or opinion of others. You're right, maybe there was something objectionable later in the posts.

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2003, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Troutly
First.....the owner(s) of this site can remove anthing they want as it is a privately owned site. It isn't censorship. Now, with that in mind, what Forrest said is pretty much true. It isn't going anywhere unless the originator removed it, or OSO felt it was getting out of hand.
And, I'd add that things have to GO WAY TOO FAR for OSO to step in. They normally give people some lattitude and expect us to all act civilly and responsibly (ie. threads that involve purely derogatory and unsubstantiated statements usually get booted). So, I doubt OSO removed it unless something was really bad in a later response.

Also, as Troutly said it is OSO's forum and thus it ain't censorship for them to remove objectionable content.
Old 08-31-2003, 01:39 PM
Registered

It's a censorship, they have a place to move stuff if it get's dirty.

OSO UNCENSORED.
Old 08-31-2003, 05:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They own it, They make the rules! It's that simple
Old 08-31-2003, 11:22 PM
Registered

We removed it. To put it simply, the thread starter was removed and therefore in turn removed the threard. It is a shame that a banned member insists on coming back using different names to cause trouble. Our attorneys are woking on the issue. Unfourtnately sometimes usefull information gets mixed in with fictional information with a hidden agenda.

Our attorney has recommended that we quarantine and save the threads and posts from this user in case there is future litigation. If we leave the thread it is possible that the person might delete our evidence, and of course there is no reason to pollute peoples minds with fictional information.

If you posted on this thread and would like to start another one on the same subject, PM us and we will copy and paste your post and you can re-use it.

OSO
Old 09-01-2003, 05:15 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by Troutly
First.....the owner(s) of this site can remove anthing they want as it is a privately owned site. It isn't censorship. Now, with that in mind, what Forrest said is pretty much true. It isn't going anywhere unless the originator removed it, or OSO felt it was getting out of hand.
Sounds like a speach that comes with a speeding ticket!
Old 09-01-2003, 01:27 PM
Registered

Originally posted by eMotiondriver
It's a censorship, they have a place to move stuff if it get's dirty.

OSO UNCENSORED.
I agree 100%.

I dont want to cause a wake, but I joined this forum for the valued opinions and information that is abundant here. Sure there's fictional information here as is the case with any form of media. It is the readers (members) responsibility to filter though the wealth of information and decide what's pertinent to them. Of course OSO has the right to do whatever they want, but as long as things remain clean censorship is severally detrimental to any interactive form of media. Free speech is what this country is all about and the only reason any of us visit this great forum! From what I saw of the thread there wasn't any fictional information or any hidden agendas. The thread starter simply asked a question about what makes one manufacturer so much better than its competitors. I missed the fictional part. As a mater of fact, the question that he asked was the exact same question that led me here looking for the answer.

I dont know the whole story about this member and I understand your point, but as far as I'm concerned I value any questions, opinions, and information that are available... as long as someone isn't harassing others.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:45 PM
FWK

SS930 I would recommend reposting the question with no slant to it and you will get some very informed answers. As you can see OSO has not removed this post.

Quick Reply: What happened to the Skater post?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.