Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why can't I find info on Saber powerboats ANYWHERE? >

Why can't I find info on Saber powerboats ANYWHERE?

Notices

Why can't I find info on Saber powerboats ANYWHERE?

Old 09-04-2003, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Obviously less than an Ol ... isn't everthing ?!?!?

Probably more than a 42 Fountain as that seems to be the Bargain Boat of the year lately !!!

Whats a Tiger go for ??????
Old 09-04-2003, 03:02 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by LEOPAJM
Obviously less than an Ol ... isn't everthing ?!?!?

Probably more than a 42 Fountain as that seems to be the Bargain Boat of the year lately !!!

Whats a Tiger go for ??????

LOL, so true.

Tigers (brand new) are anywhere from 350 and up depending on the paint, engine, interior options.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:33 PM
Mad Hatter

How much are 28's????

I'm looking for used but I still have no idea how much they run used????

What didn't you guys like about the 28, what did you like the most about the 28? How much did you sell yours for if you sold it? Anybody know where there is like a 1994/95 for sale? I know I can't afford too new, I guess I could go without the hp's but it would be prefered cause I love the hp500.

Old 09-04-2003, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow I have so many comments, I don't know where to start.

JM I have pictures that I just got from a ski trip in Feb that I thought where from the boat. Next week I will start posting.

JD No feathers but I am trying to pay a little respect to the tribe so they won't be so pissed when I blow by them, following you and Jerry of course. Motors got here yesterday. 1012 chp at 6000 and 951lbs torque at 4100rpms. Right where I want it in the waves.
Am I giving away a secret to say that your motors are slightly higher than 1000 or that your boat weighs 3,000 lbs less than an apache? Just in case anyone was doing the math. I take JD and JM against the tribe with everything I own. Maybe ancestral spirit too, you never know.

BTW Curt Gano aka Primal Instinct has over 900 hours in the third 28 ever built, many of them with me instructing and no one will ever drive one of those better! Air Gano has of course bailed on the saber tradition for a top gun clearing the way for me to take his place amongst the saber faithful.

How many apaches are better set up for speed ( or nicer ) than tonto? No cabin, full stagger, crash boxes and 900's. JD do you remember going past 95?

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

NK
Old 09-04-2003, 06:30 PM
Registered

I went back to reread and thought of a few more things to say.

JM do you and your wife weigh 194 together?

JD What was your wife doing riding with ben kramer?
Did I read that right?

JM again. Funny indian talk.

I guess that's it. NK
Old 09-04-2003, 07:30 PM
BuzzinBye!

parnell,

900 hours now that is impressive. I thought I was high with 400.

Kinda funny though cuz I left the Saber family for a Top Gun as well. But I will always love my 28

Dan

Old 09-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Troutly
Well well well Looks like a little "put up or shut up" action for next year. I can hardly wait to see if Slingshot and put his $$ where his is .

Should make for some good drama and fun leading up to it
:
ditto
Old 09-04-2003, 10:43 PM
Registered

Hey Buzzin Curt will tell you the same thing! I am not kidding about 900, he had it 9 years and we went everywhere and in everything with that boat!

Top Gun really is just a bigger 28 or vice versa. I doubt that you could talk him out of the boat he has now. It's a real sleeper no one on this board even knows about till key west in Nov. Outrageous!

Hey Slingshot I am volunteering to take the right seat in a copter to video this runoff. I will even pitch in just to see two bigdogs having a run at it! That would be a site everyone on this board would love to see. I echo JD in my love of big apaches! What's your setup and name on the boat? NK
Old 09-04-2003, 11:56 PM
Registered

I have had the pleasure to own two Saber 28.
1st was WAVE HIPPIE A-17 race boat. Sold that for a 41 Apache with Cobra 750's. Sold that and bought a Top Gun. Sold the Top Gun and bought another 28 Saber with 525sc. (Purple Haze) I have had the most fun with the 28s and they are the best boats that I have owned.

Last edited by Apache kid; 09-05-2003 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:08 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Nauti Kitty
Hey Buzzin Curt will tell you the same thing! I am not kidding about 900, he had it 9 years and we went everywhere and in everything with that boat!

Top Gun really is just a bigger 28 or vice versa. I doubt that you could talk him out of the boat he has now. It's a real sleeper no one on this board even knows about till key west in Nov. Outrageous!

Hey Slingshot I am volunteering to take the right seat in a copter to video this runoff. I will even pitch in just to see two bigdogs having a run at it! That would be a site everyone on this board would love to see. I echo JD in my love of big apaches! What's your setup and name on the boat? NK
I have not namedit YET(used to be gary montano's team prime)..... 1994 42 MCMANUS COMANCHE TRIPLE 1200 COBRAS/#6'S 6 MAN RACE COCKPIT....SHE STROLLS

Quick Reply: Why can't I find info on Saber powerboats ANYWHERE?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.