Hot Boat Weekend at Hardy Dam >

Hot Boat Weekend at Hardy Dam

Notices

Hot Boat Weekend at Hardy Dam

Old 09-08-2003, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bill,

Im running my boat down to fountain this weekend to get the upolstery done on the deck. If I get it back in time I'll be there.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally posted by Mad Hatter
......but my dear old dad was in the boat and gets freaked when I hammer on it. He's becoming a pansy in his old age, thats what happens when you've got 38 cigarette that feels like a brick going through the water.
LOL ------I hope your Dad doesn't read your post, but that was pretty funny though. Hey Eric, good to see you and chat with your Dad there. Does he wish he would have still brought his boat along? It kinda looked like he wanted to join the action and wished he had his Cig with him.

Bill and Jim,

What is Alum Creek all about? Is it a nice place? Deep water? Lots of boats show up? How far?
Old 09-09-2003, 01:07 AM
Mad Hatter

Hey whitey, prop worked great! although its strange, I only got a little bit better #'s than the 25 I tried. Would you want to sell this prop?

Old 09-09-2003, 01:14 AM
Mad Hatter

Kaama, yeah he wished he had it with, maybe next year.

Old 09-09-2003, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mad Hatter, I will sell give me a call 517 202 5248.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:56 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I made it up there around 11am.. after holding up the line trying to launch and find my camp site I did manage to get it to the beach and open a beer.. waited for some non boating friends to show..
I did a ride in Check 300's beast..!!!! Major acelleration..Thanks a million Bill!! I need to find 700 more HP this Christmas.. for my Check.

I only managed one ride on Sat. Still have a nasty noise at higer rpms. I thought maybe it was another valve spring. I did some looking on Sun morning and found my power steering pump ready to fall off, broken studs. After a fix.. still have the noise, but did manage 72mph..before it rattles.
I did take a trip up the river about 5 miles or so past the bridge.. it is real river up there!! I had an experienced river person with me! Thats were I found a bunch of Skaters hiding.. those OB's!!!

Had a great time, sorry to hear about the boat that hit the damn, but people were running hard after dark!! Very foolish in my opinion.

Lots of horsepower this weekend!! Sorry I didnt get to talk to more OSO people.. guess I had my blinders on.. or should have parked at the beach backwards so people could see my name..

I'll be back!!

Dick