Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What is WRONG with people these days!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/58283-what-wrong-people-these-days.html)

Audiofn 09-02-2003 07:56 AM

What is WRONG with people these days!!!!

I was up trying to enjoy my last vacation weekend of the summer, and a friend points out to me that my truck has a dent. I take a look, and the thing is all dented in the back just below the tail light and then I look under and the flair for the dually is all smashed up, and the bumper is bent!!! I am totally bumming as I assume this is going to set me back like $1500 bucks easy to repair!!!! Now I am on a mission to get back to the job site I was at on Friday to look for who may have hit me, I hope it was not some one over the weekend that did it :( Just does not pay to have nice things I tell ya!!!

Wally 09-02-2003 08:05 AM

Yea no kidding! And people always look funny at me when i park my truck out in the boonies of the mall parking lots! And wouldnt ya know it, when you come outside there just has to be some P.O.S beater that just has to park close to ya when they have like a thousand other spots around to take! :mad:

Formula Outlaw 09-02-2003 08:09 AM

People, as a whole, just don't care. I always park at the far end of the parking lot and walk, to stay away from cars. If and when I do have to park next to someone, I always take the tag number, most people pay absolutely no attention in opening their doors. And they don't even seem to mind if they open their doors into the side of someone else's vehicle. I saw some a$$**le open his big ole station wagon's door into the side of a Viper, as he left to go into the liquor store, what a surprise, I checked the Viper and sure enough it was dented as hell. I pulled my Dodge 4x4 behind his station wagon and blocked him from getting out until the guy in the Viper came out. That was a "Kodak" moment. It ended up with 4 Sheriff's cars there. The guy in the station wagon ended up going to jail because he was drunk and wanted to fight the cops. Bad idea. Boy, that pepper spray shut him up right now. In essence, it's what wrong with the whole world today. No one wants to take responsibility/accountability for their actions. It always has to be "someone else's fault", it certainly couldn't have been mine. Take it back to that idiot that spilled hot coffee in her lap then sued Mcdonalds. All the smokers who are now sueing the tobacco companies because they didn't have the smarts to quit smoking. And the latest, people sueing gun manufacturers for crimes committed with guns. In the history of firearms, there is not one single case where a gun picked itself up off a table, loaded itself, and then fired itself at someone. And the best one yet, someone sueing, General Motors I believe, because of being hit by a drunk driver. Where is it going to end????
I miss Ward and June Cleaver.

Audiofn 09-02-2003 08:09 AM

Ya Wally I hear ya with that one as well!!! I park off in the distance because the parking spaces are ussually to small for me to fit into with out doing the forward back thing 100 times, so I just park out there and walk in. I have found that people do what you are saying and it does piss me off. What is wrong with trying to keep your stuff nice!!!!

LutzParty 09-02-2003 08:33 AM

Kind of like when the Water Patrol stopped us the Saturday night of the shootout at the 10mm 1 mile from our dock when our 20 point light flickered out after hitting the wake of a boat (exceeding the nighttime speed of 30 mph.)

The officer had every right to stop us. IM not debating that. But when he pulled up to us in the middle of the busy channel at 10:30 pm on a non moonlit night and cked our registration and I explained to him that the bulb was loose and i was heading to the dock to repair it. (our red and green, white stern lights and all cockpit lights were on) He decided that this was the time to do a routine ck of life jackets, throwable cushions etc.

A cruiser came by approximately 30' from us with a Huge wake and the officers boat hit and damaged our boat. I asked if this "routine" ck could be performed at our dock where it was safer and he just continued, another boat came by and the officer had to power up and take evasive maneuver's to avoid hitting us AGAIN.

Sometimes common sense needs to take precedent over procedure

We called to report the damage that the WP boat caused to ours and they informed us that this was the FIRST claim of this type all season. :rolleyes:

They are looking into whether or not they want to claim responsibility.

BajaRunner 09-02-2003 08:56 AM

Audio I hear your pain. I parked my truck and boat out in front of my house to have it all ready for the weekend, I walk out the next morning to find it has been keyed. I sure would like to catch someone doing that. :hothead: :hothead:

Sorry to hear about the truck.

Playn 09-02-2003 09:42 AM

Originally posted by Formula Outlaw
People, as a whole, just don't care. I always park at the far end of the parking lot and walk, to stay away from cars. If and when I do have to park next to someone, I always take the tag number, most people pay absolutely no attention in opening their doors. And they don't even seem to mind if they open their doors into the side of someone else's vehicle. I saw some a$$**le open his big ole station wagon's door into the side of a Viper, as he left to go into the liquor store, what a surprise, I checked the Viper and sure enough it was dented as hell. I pulled my Dodge 4x4 behind his station wagon and blocked him from getting out until the guy in the Viper came out. That was a "Kodak" moment. It ended up with 4 Sheriff's cars there. The guy in the station wagon ended up going to jail because he was drunk and wanted to fight the cops. Bad idea. Boy, that pepper spray shut him up right now. In essence, it's what wrong with the whole world today. No one wants to take responsibility/accountability for their actions. It always has to be "someone else's fault", it certainly couldn't have been mine. Take it back to that idiot that spilled hot coffee in her lap then sued Mcdonalds. All the smokers who are now sueing the tobacco companies because they didn't have the smarts to quit smoking. And the latest, people sueing gun manufacturers for crimes committed with guns. In the history of firearms, there is not one single case where a gun picked itself up off a table, loaded itself, and then fired itself at someone. And the best one yet, someone sueing, General Motors I believe, because of being hit by a drunk driver. Where is it going to end????
I miss Ward and June Cleaver.

Amen to that!

R Addiction 09-02-2003 09:57 AM

2 weeks after I got my 1st new vehicle in 22 years of driving some bunghole at work hit it with something and scratched the crap out of the corner of the bed!!!!:mad:
I also park WAAAYYY out in the parking lots and walk (only exercise I get)!!:p

wwwTOPDJcom 09-02-2003 10:03 AM

Originally posted by BajaRunner
Audio I hear your pain. I parked my truck and boat out in front of my house to have it all ready for the weekend, I walk out the next morning to find it has been keyed. I sure would like to catch someone doing that. :hothead: :hothead:

Sorry to hear about the truck.

I hate people you pull that ****, it so much worse
than someone accidentally bumping you or opening there door into you car. Its only done out of Jealousy
because you have something they will never have.

Now in Audio's case someone knew it was gonna cost them some $$$ to fix Jon's truck.

Audiofn 09-02-2003 10:52 AM

Well I think I know who did it!!!! I am at this customers house today and I checked out this clown Dodge Ram 2500 and low and behold damage in the right rear quarter (I knew from the hit on my car it was either right rear or right front corner of whom ever hit me). So now I am going to break out the tape measure and start to get my evidence together and send it in to the insurance company. I AM SO PISSED it is taking everything in my power to not go OFF on this guy. He is always backing up with in inches of people so that he does not have to back up and go forward one more time!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :hothead: :hothead: