Like Tree0Likes

I am going to learn how much speeding costs

Old 09-02-2003, 07:54 PM
Registered

Seriously, get a lawyer...then slow down. We've all been there done it - and looking back I am amazed I never ended up wrapped around a tree. I think someone was watching out for me. Some of my friends weren't as lucky.....
Old 09-02-2003, 09:25 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1990 Baja 190 DSR

Quote:
Originally posted by cuda
It doesn't sound like you have learned anything from this.

GETTING A SPEEDING TICKET IS NO BADGE OF HONOR!

It doesn't take any special talent or intelligence to get one. I've been driving for 32 years and I've had two speeding tickets. One when I was a punk ass. I learned from mine and didn't get another ticket for 30 years.

I assure you that if you had run into someone's mom, daughter, brother, son or dad, the family would not have been impressed with your attempt at being macho.
Day has been pretty bad, was trying to feel better about the situation...Havent driven as much as normal.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:35 PM
Registered

My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45

Quote:
Originally posted by cuda
It doesn't sound like you have learned anything from this.

GETTING A SPEEDING TICKET IS NO BADGE OF HONOR!

Neither would be a Man-Slaughter charge. Slow down. Geeezzz!
Old 09-02-2003, 10:05 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

My Boats: PQ 38 Avenger

It is also sad that I have tried to post my own Ohio experience and it has been ignored!!!!!!!!
YOU deserve what you get !! Stay off our roads!!!
Old 09-02-2003, 10:54 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1992 450hp Senza Spectre 25'

YES Hyper "Scotts" right, even if you can get it reduced.
please think about how fast you drive and if there is people or cars around you. As stated in this thread
earlier the faster you go the harder and farther its gonna be to stop or change lanes before hitting someone or something.

Last edited by wwwTOPDJcom; 09-03-2003 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1991 F311SR1

Around here, a first speeding ticket will get you a couple of days in safety school and 12 months probation. If you have no run-ins during the probation, the ticket never shows up on your record and your insurance company never gets wind of it.

My first was a reckless. I paid it and never went to court. Turns out that was a lucky move, cause the judge was driving one of the cars I passed that night and was ready to throw the book at me.

All of the other tickets I ever got (that were in my home area) I went to court on, and asked for mercy. Attended many driver schools in several counties and had to attend a DMV hearing to discuss suspension of driving privileges at one point. I have worked in the recycling plant, shoveled gravel at the city ballpark, picked up trash in the city parks, and worked parking lot duty at ballgames, all in the interest of public service work I was assigned to by various judges over time.

I haven't received a ticket in around ten years now. Still drive nuts on occasion, but my "normal" speed is 5 to 10 over these days instead of keeping it on the mat all the time.

Speed is fun, but learn that there are no public streets that offer a good place to air it out.

And no offense, Tommy, but the thought of sharing the road with a 16-yr old in a 90 mph 4-banger Ranger is a little bothersome. Those puppies aren't all that stable at 90, and their brakes won't do a full-on hard stop from that speed without fading to uselessness. If you do't believe me, find a deserted section of interstate at 2am and do me one HARD max-effort stop from 90.

My dollar says it will slow quickly to 50-ish, and then the brake pedal will get all weird and the braking force will drop to a fraction of what it was from the overheated rotors.

(If you plan to cover ground at that speed, you definitely need to be familiar with the stopping performance of your truck - it ain't going to be as good as you think it is..)

Last edited by mcollinstn; 09-02-2003 at 11:08 PM.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:14 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

My Boats: 1988 Tracker Pro 17, 40 hp Mariner.....1972 Glastron GT 140, Merc 50 power!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
Try 6 months, nice going! And it is not your moms fault you are old enough to get yourself up!
And if you think I'm a dick after reading this wait to the judge gets done with you!
Yeah, Scott your a dick!!

Gonna be in G.R. anytime soon? The ladys at Hooters are asking about you!!!
Old 09-03-2003, 03:55 AM
Registered

Do NOT make your parents pay for this.

If you pay for this YOURSELF (fine, insurance, attorney) you MAY learn something.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:23 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1990 Baja 190 DSR

Rouxsterre, I have to pay for it all, which is a good thing in a way.

Mcollinstn, I wasnt thinking ahead, trying not to be late to school. I guess it is better to be late than dead.

Scott, I called the courthouse and asked about what will happen, they said a ticket about 2$ per mph over, 50 in court costs, and then 4 weeks suspension. They said I can take a 3 hour class to take off a week from that. Is the 6mos statewide? Is there a way to have the court hold my license and have insurance not know? Or am I just at their mercy?