Notices

CG Update

Old 07-28-2003, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG Update

OK all you guys that ordered the Crystal Guard, how has it been holding up now that we are mid way through the summer. Was it worth it or will you you going through hell trying to get it off the boat? Was GregP the only one that really used it?
Old 07-29-2003, 03:19 PM
Registered

What, nobody buy it after that long thread? Or was it all hype and now you're all hiding after getting suckered?
Old 07-29-2003, 03:28 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I bought some Bio-Kleen and I am very satisfied.
Old 07-29-2003, 03:49 PM
Eternal Warrior

I tried a bottle of the CG Quick on my 2003 Nordic. The gelcoat shined like a mirror before I put the CG on and after (I couldn't tell a difference). I've put about 20 hours on since the CG was applied and the boat is still shining. The boat was in the water for 9 days straight as well. I'm not convinced it was worth the money, but it does seem to be holding the shine better than the Mcguires did on my Baja. Who else has tried it?

Old 08-01-2003, 01:27 PM
Eternal Warrior

ttt

Old 08-01-2003, 01:38 PM
Registered

I have some here. along with other products to test performance characteristics...look for the results in Extreme Boats Magazine in the future.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:44 PM
Registered

Yes, I used it on the deck of the Formula. The shine has held up ok, but I don't know that it is any better than wax (although it is MUCH less work to apply). The "slick" surface finish has started to go away, feels more like the original gel coat now. I'd have to say it seems like it would be time for another coat, which I guess puts it's "life" at around a month and a half (think that's about how long it's been, would have to dig up the old thread to check as I havn't kept a real close time check.)

I need to do a second buff of the deck to remove some streaks from where I didn't get a real uniform suface on the first pass. I'm waiting for another cloudy cool day so I don't bake myself while doing it. Will probably use the CG again, I have enough left for another pass and it IS easy to apply.

-Greg
Old 08-14-2003, 06:46 PM
Diamond Jim

Default Crystal Guard Announcement...Good News!!!

Due to the overwhelming success of the initial launch of our product in the United States, with help from many of the forum members for both auto and boats, Crystal Guard is happy to announce a slash in prices! We have sustainted a very steady stream of business from car enthusiasts like yourselves, detailers, resellers, and other auto clubs.

We have been promoting and selling our sealant for nearly six months and can now lower our prices to the benefit of everyone. We are able to offer you our products at a reduced 20% off original pricing for every product! A bottle of CG Quick now retails for $39.95. This is effective immediately. Hopefully over the next six months we can drop our prices more as the sealant becomes even more well known and we create better brand awareness...This is an expensive chemical to import, but we've recovered our investment and want to reward loyals users with a price reduction.

I want to personally thank many of the members on this board for helping the initial launch of Crystal Guard. From all of us here at KozMez (distributing company) we hope you enjoy our products for years to come.

If anyone is interested in becoming a reseller or distributor in your area please give us a call or drop us an email. We are always looking for individuals looking to grow a business or branch out their existing business.

Best Regards,

James Campos
Director of Sales and Marketing
KozMez (Crystal Guard Products)
[email protected]
(650) 969-9946

Old 08-14-2003, 07:59 PM
Registered

I bought two bottles of CG, one for the car and one for the boat.
I used it on both, and I really can't tell the difference than using a quality grade polymer wax or sealant.
As Jim said, I hope they lower their prices because it's not worth what they are asking for it.
The pump spray bottle sucks also.
I'm really disappointed in the product myself, I hope someone has good luck with it.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:08 PM
Diamond Jim

Tip for Quick users...

You can dilute the conentrated Quick bottle in a larger spray bottle that haev better nozzles. If you do this, put 3 ounces of water to 1 ounce of chemical....This makes it easier to apply...

Quick Reply: CG Update

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.