Notices

NFL in HD

Old 09-09-2003, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by srpbaer
Clay,
Which HD box should I go with now....I have a Mitsubishi HD 46". I am ready to get an Direct TV converter box but don't know which is the best deal right now..Help me if you can. Performance and price are a concern.
Thanks
I have the Samsung SIR-TS160 and I am happy with it. It combines the satellite and antenna input into one "guide". It also has "always on" 480i output for your VCR, etc.

All in all I am very happy with it.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:54 AM
Registered

Originally posted by klaw
were you guys getting the audio in 5.1
I was only in stereo
It was on Direct TV
On the Monday night game (ABC), my (Harman Kardon) receiver showed 5.1 audio. However, the only sound that I heard in my rear speakers was some faint clapping.

I think that ESPN/HD is only two-channel stereo.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:18 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Clay has a good point my Sony HD200 does not leave the 480i on when outputting HD
the new HD300 will
Old 09-09-2003, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the CBS game Giants/Rams in HD 5.1 as well as the ABC Redskins/Jets game last Thursday. However last night I couldn't get the Bucs/Eagles in HD or 5.1

I use Time Warner HDTV service in Houston

Roby
Old 09-09-2003, 09:35 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I watched the same old eagles on my 51" Hitachi in HD. Of course on the recall button was Orange county choppers not in HD but was much better than that piss poor game!!!

Thank God football isn't a favorite of mine. Now if we can get APBA in HD...............
Old 09-09-2003, 11:16 AM
Registered

Default HDTV in Austin, Texas

I would consider Austin, Texas to be a small market. It is definitely smaller than Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, or San Antonio. However, I have been impressed with the commitment of the local stations to broadcast in HD.

Channel 36-1 (NBC) has been broadcasting in HD for some time. I have been watching The Tonight Show in HD for a while now.

Channel 54-1 (WB) has also been broadcasting in HD, but I don't think that the WB has any HD shows (yet).

Channel 24-1 (ABC) started broadcasting in HD last week. Monday Night Football rocks!

Channels 24-2 and 54-2 have 24-hour local doppler radar. It is nice to check the radar before a lake trip or a Harley ride.

Channel 42-1 (CBS) is scheduled to start broadcasting in HD next week.

That only leaves Channel 7-1 (FOX). I don't know of anything yet, but I assume that they are workin' in it.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:19 AM
Registered

Default HDTV on DirectTV

I also have the DirecTV HDTV Programming Package. This includes ESPN HD, Discovery HD Theater™, HDNet and HDNet Movies. I also get HBO/HD.

Back in January I said that 2003 was gonna be the "Year of HDTV". I still believe that to be true.

HDTV rocks!
Old 09-09-2003, 03:53 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

We in Boston have all major stations in HD including PBS that runs about 5 channels of HD.

IF you have cable HD do not let them LIE to you. It is FAR from HDTV. They compress the signal big time to get the info down the wire then uncommpress it at the other end. It is the difference of listening to a cd on a high quality system and a MP3 on your computer. If you have not guessed it by now I HATE cable because they lie to consumers and make my job harder!!!

Jon