Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Spectre 30' vs. Skater 28' w 300x,s >

Spectre 30' vs. Skater 28' w 300x,s

Notices

Spectre 30' vs. Skater 28' w 300x,s

Old 09-08-2003, 02:23 PM
ClockworkOrange

Default Spectre 30' vs. Skater 28' w 300x,s

Please , some veiws , thought opinions, Whatcha-got whats-it run?

Thanks
Adam

Old 09-08-2003, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spectre makes a great boat. I was out in OSO member Chuck (s) 30 with 496's a few weeks ago. What a gorgeous boat, and for the money? Even better! Obviously Skater is well, SKATER. It is the best of the best there is no question, but you pay accordingly. If money is no object...go Skater without a doubt. If the Spectre is more within your budgetary constraints, you surely will not be disappointed I can assure you.
Old 09-08-2003, 02:36 PM
ClockworkOrange

I know both are great, and this is the kinda feedback Im looking for.

Lake George, Is that lake still as clear as it was in like in the 1980,s. Used to go there as a kid when I lived in Jersey, God what water! You could see someones fishing lure snagged on a log 100 feet awa in 50 feet of water....Miss that!
Thanks

Old 09-08-2003, 02:42 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Have you looked at AMT???
I've seen a number of them being rigged over at Superme Marine.
Troy racs an AMT, and now he's rigging them...
I don't think you can go wrong with an AMT either. Quality looked very nice as well...
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 09-08-2003, 02:50 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a friend who got rid of his 30 Spectre last year. It had twin 850's and ran right at 130 on the GPS.

I have another friend that had a 28 Skater. Twin 2.5's, ran about 108.

I rode in both alot. My opinion, the Skater was the one I would have bought. It rode much more stable and smoother than the Spectre. The Spectre felt like it was going to flip backwards at around 100-110. The Skate acted like it wanted more and more and did great in rough water.
Old 09-08-2003, 03:43 PM
Registered

Clockworkorange,

YES, the lake is still that clean! That is just ONE of the things make it so wonderful! I agree that AMT is also a sweet boat. I have never ridden in one though.

With all due respect to cigracer28/38, and please keep in mind I am a SKATER guy through and through, that comparing the two boats in the fashion of O/B to I/O is not really fair from both a handling and speed perspective. Certainly the Spectre with Big Blocks will have a MUSH heavier ass end thereby creating that nose high feeling. Although I have not been in a SPECTRE with O/B's I would bet it would be far more stable. If you do want the out and out best of the best then there is no substitute for a Skater. Dollar for Dollar and bang for the buck, welllllll, that is a more difficult proposition.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Speaking of Skaters . . . Shane I can definitely see you in THIS . What do you think? Oh, clockwork orange, you can look too.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:52 PM
ClockworkOrange

Default Beautiful boat,

But I wouldnt have the motors! The early 3.0 litres just dont work the way I need them to. X,s on the other hand will. Or 280,s if I find a pair cheap enough. I missed out on a killer deal at T-N-T marine. David Gilmore had a set of X,s for 18k for the PAIR!
Damn IT! Less than 100hours......
Missed out! Not missing out on the boat though.The one Im getting looks like this one. Has a trailer, hatch to convert to 2 seater. Why cant I post pictures? Anywho.. its killer

Old 09-08-2003, 05:07 PM
Registered

When I was looking into buying a boat last year I looked at Motion, AMT, Skater, and Spectre. I spoke to a few guys who are current cat throttle men in APBA and boat in my area (Gulf of Mexico, Ft Myers- Sarasota). They all said the 30 ft boats would be better for the rougher water but that the 28 would be faster in smaller water. I felt I would like the bigger boat and decided to go with a 30ft boat. I then went and talked to all three. After talking to Jay Pilini of Spectre I was sold on a 2003 30ft Spectre with 300x's. The guys from Motion and AMT did not make a good impression at all. My experience with Spectre has been the best I have had on any major purchase. The boat is very solid at 100+ mph.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:49 PM
ClockworkOrange

The boat is real close to this....2001 w/trailer , no motors, Has the hatch to turn it into a 2 seater or 5. Full mooring cover. Used 8 times,,, God I cant wait to play!
Attached Thumbnails Spectre 30' vs. Skater 28' w 300x,s-chamberlin.jpg  

Last edited by ClockworkOrange; 09-08-2003 at 05:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Spectre 30' vs. Skater 28' w 300x,s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.