Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cig GLADIATOR or Donzi 38ZR ?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/58826-cig-gladiator-donzi-38zr.html)

Jeffrey 09-09-2003 11:21 AM

Cig GLADIATOR or Donzi 38ZR ??

I know there have been alot of direct comparisons between the Gladiator and the Outerlimits but I do not think there has been the same comparison done between a Gladiator and the 38ZR.

One of our SCOPE members is contemplating one or the other. He has found two boats - same year, both with ITS/Bravo XR drives, and very similiar prices. The differences are that the Gladiator comes with the new 525EFI's and the 38ZR has the 575SC's. The Gladiator has five hours on it (new) and a trailer and the ZR has 30 hours on it and no trailer - not a big deal.

All things being (relatively) equal - which is the better choice? As most of you know I am a Cigarette fan so my vote has already been cast. That being said I also had a chance to look at a new ZR earlier this year and I was duly impressed with what I saw. It was simply MORE boat than the Gladiator in many respects. Larger, more comfortable, seemingly better ergonomics, etc. I did not have a chance to ride in it but had a chance to ask Bob Teague (at our annual Poker Run) about it. He praised the boat and said it was one of the better offshore powerboats he has ever driven.

Once again - opinions? All things being equal - which would you choose?

dockrocker 09-09-2003 11:45 AM

audacity joe in 3.... 2.... 1....

audacity 09-09-2003 11:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
funny....ours is for sale F2-21....LOW hours on everything! computers everything will go...good luck finding a scratch! tons of spares and prop combinations!..trailer NEVER seen water...buy it right after the worlds...i can guarantee i can have this one running better than a 575 w/o APBA rules!

the donzi is in a league of it's own!

ITLLFLI 09-09-2003 11:52 AM

I agree with TOO OLD. I also have seen Nelems ZR and it is ONE AMAZING MACHINE!! I also was lucky enough to ride in it and that thing flat moves!!

Tough choice.....but....it would be the ZR!

HiPerf2000 09-09-2003 11:52 AM

i've heard somewhere, not sure where, that the 38 can out-turn anything in it's class. :)

audacity 09-09-2003 11:53 AM

if ya wana chat....work 734 523 5339 after 4 cell 734 635 1697

audacity 09-09-2003 11:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
more than you would ever want in a pleasue boat!

Sydwayz 09-09-2003 11:58 AM

Audacity, why is the boat for sale?

audacity 09-09-2003 12:00 PM

sell it and do it again...different class...

Magicfloat 09-09-2003 12:03 PM

Don't want to use the board as a sales tool and the 38ZR your friend is looking at is not mine,but I will say that anyone that has been in our 38ZR has come away impressed.We have done several Poker Runs with it and I am the kind of guy that has to drive or I get scared. This is the only fast boat that I can let someone else drive and I sit in the back seat and feel good.When you are spending a lot of money,spend some time in each boat.In 35 years in the business I have never seen anything quite like the 38ZR.Not for everyone,no cabin,etc.,but it is cool. Run both and decide. You are welcome to run mine even if you are buying the other one. Robert