Notices

Cumberland!!!!!!

Old 09-07-2003, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Cumberland!!!!!!

I was wondering if anybody attended cumberland poker run this past weekend? def. the best time i ever had, alot of big and fast boats, seen alot of beautiful boats and alot of women too!!! i know i seen merlin there with the big yellow american offshore, i heard that the fastest and baddest boat there was the montero hartman boat, the big 47' skater with twin 1800 horse cam 2 motors, but i seen him come across the lake once full bore loaded full of people all fancied up with headphones and all but he was gettin his ass handed to him by a 30' spectre, they raced 3 different times that i counted and i couldnt believe that boat was gettin spanked, that spectre was runnin all over the lake but he was always by the dam and when the big boats would come out of the checkpoint he was playin with them all and i never seen him get beat, that boat was fast, and sounded and looked good too, i have to give it to him he was lookin good out there, and oh yeah i seen him race merlin too, that was early in the morning, and he walked all over him, i would like to know who this guy is and what he is runnin, all i know is it was BAD ASS!!!! but all in all it was a sweet place to spend a weekend and im def. lookin forward to next year. but until then..........DRIVE FAST & TAKE CHANCES!!!!
Old 09-07-2003, 10:45 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Heres a bunch of pictures from the run:

LC Poker Run
Old 09-08-2003, 12:14 AM
signpro

Default Cumberland

IT was quite an event, I was told that Reggie Fontain was throttling the Montano-Hartman boat, and was hangin out on the dock at Jamestown, the evening party at the falls was a good one too, was anybody else there???

Old 09-08-2003, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

What a great Time !!!!! saw alot of nice hardware & met alot of great people !!! I'm ready to do it again this weekrnd !!
Old 09-08-2003, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I was there and had a great time. We were in my 30' Spectre and ran in the 101 MPH + class. It was rough as hell and we had a killer time. I saw that all white Spectre 30 with the motors cut out of the hatch and he was fast-way fast. I'll put some pictures up by tommorro, everybody else post theirs.

Sonny
Old 09-08-2003, 07:27 AM
Registered

I believe that Spectre was Lambr from this board. He has been posting his progress this year on the Spectre page. I did not see it run but I talked to Merlin540 soon after they ran together and he said it was FAST.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Cumberland Rocked.
Weather was perfect.

I do think it sucked that Hartmann led half of the fast class to the card boat and cut the entire incredibly long line for card 3. I'd expect nothing less than that from Randy Hartmann, though.

We were anxious to chew up some of the 130 mph crowd in the snot-water. There's no water on Cumberland that warrants backing off the sticks of a 42 MTI (fountain/scism). All of the boats we wanted to mess with were line-cutters. It was my call to NOT be a line-cutter, but I was second guessing myself after a 40 minute line...

Saw some killer boats. MamaTryed's graphics on the Sunsation were thumbs-up. SonnySpectre30's boat was running really hard - I hope I got some aired-out pix of him (haven't really looked thru them yet). DanO's Sonic was stellar.

We were running a little soft for fear that we'd pop a Bmax. Ended up losing a bearing in one of the lowers, but it didn't affect our running in the poker run (just meant that we had to load after the run and call off any rides we'd promised).

Will post pix and more later.
M
Old 09-08-2003, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

M Collins:

Great meeting you guys at Cumberland. Awesome boat.
Sorry to here you guys had some problems, at least it's not major.

Sonny
Old 09-08-2003, 10:55 AM
Registered

Default Link to my pics

I didn't get many boats running, just sitting or some of ya back at the falls,,,,9 albums 24 pics each, look to the left to change albums.

http://community.webshots.com/album/89467211OARXwe
Old 09-08-2003, 11:44 AM
Allan4

Nice pics man....!!

We were there, but did not run the Poker Run. Figured I'd sit this one out for a change

Lots of hardware, as usual...and tons of nice scenery....as usual as well....

Defyn Gravity's 38 Powerplay is one of the sweetest boats I have seen in person, ever. Great talking with you Robby and thanks for all the great info.

Had a great time, look forward to next year as always. Had a good time @ the falls as well....to say the least!!

Nice talkin with everyone down there. That fast Spectre will probably be at Alum creek and Ceasar's creek this fall for the shootouts. He is one of the Lamb brothers. And yes, Merlin did say that boat was a rocket. I think I saw him at the damn Sat night. We raced a bunch of boats....but I ain't quite the speed demon in a 24 Outlaw....but I try

See y'all at Alum and Ceasars....great time in Cumberland as always...

Allan

Quick Reply: Cumberland!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.