Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who's made the switch from V to cat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/58940-whos-made-switch-v-cat.html)

Pure Energy 09-10-2003 06:41 PM

Who's made the switch from V to cat?

I've got a bug up my ass about making a change. Lately I have been mysteriously drawn to looking at cats. Besides the speed diff., how do they handle rough, snotty water, such as swells and chop beam side. My Sonic is great in rough water and I have no idea what a cat would feel like. I guess to answer my own question would be to ride in one. But any experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

yahoo 09-10-2003 06:50 PM

I raced V bottoms 32 hustler, 40 hustler, then I moved up to a 40 skater.

WOW what a diff. a fellow racer put it this way. Do you see any of the rich old guys racing V's.

They are faster in all water conditions, and a better ride.

Once you ride in a cat you will not go back to a V.

Curtis
Team Yahoo

SS930 09-10-2003 08:17 PM

I'm curious about this one also as I just bought a smaller cat and I've always had V's. I cant believe people aren't eating this one up. I thought for sure it would get a lot more replies. Anyone?

chromecat 09-10-2003 08:24 PM

i made the switch also... i now own a 31 american offshore. i will not be switching back thats for sure. the speed and ride are untouchable by a v bottom boat.

do yourself a favor and buy a cat..

Don

Shane 09-10-2003 09:02 PM

Kendall,

Anytime you would like to ride in my little cat you are more than welcome. Once you get to the 28 30 or 32 range it becomes a WHOLE NEW WORLD! Once you switch, you are done!:) The ride and rough water capabilities are extraordinary.

NASTY HABIT 09-10-2003 09:12 PM

MEOW !

GATORONE 09-10-2003 09:14 PM

I'm making the switch from a 35 fountain to a 36 Nor-tech supercat:cool:

Miller 09-10-2003 09:15 PM

I have always been a v guy and really like them. But, after a few rides in different lenght cats and having driven one, I can say that cats ride better in all water conditions versus similar sized vees. The cats are unbelievable. You won't have the interior room in a cabin, regardless of the cabin design in a cat, but you'll get terrific speed and awesome handling.

Ryan Beckley 09-10-2003 09:28 PM

If it's not a CAT it's a DOG!!!!!!!!

Steve_H 09-10-2003 09:33 PM

Originally posted by chromecat
i made the switch also... i now own a 31 american offshore. i will not be switching back thats for sure. the speed and ride are untouchable by a v bottom boat.

do yourself a favor and buy a cat..

Don

although im currently looking for a bullet or formula im curious what minimum length cat can handle Loto?