VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

It's a 31 Bullet
Old 09-11-2003, 09:44 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Craig,
Nice chatting with you, and again congrats. It sounds like the bathroom was a nice trade off for permission to get the boat.

This is the mudflap/rockguard unit I have:

http://www.mudflaps.com/index.html
Old 09-11-2003, 09:56 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Craig go for it. Some of my best boat storries come from my trailering experiences. Just go slow. Watch the sway going down hill and say this over and over DO NOT HIT THE BREAKS IF THE RIG STARTS TO SWAY!!! Make sure your tires are all pumped up properly on the tow rig and the trailer. MAKE SURE when you get the boat on the trailer it is ALL the way up to the bunk stops (very important for long hauls). Like sydwayz said get spare bearings if you can and greese and rubber work gloves (no sinks on the side of the road ) From there just remeber that "this rig takes wide right turns" and you should be fine I went from a 15 foot Hydrostream behind a Saab to a 30 foot Formula behind a F250 and it is no problem.

Jon
Old 09-11-2003, 10:23 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

I would have no problems towing the bullet w/the 2500 BB Burban. I towed my 1984 30' Scarab from FL to IL once without one problem with the same truck. As they have said the gas will be about 8mpg but it has no problems doing it. The wheel base is a tad shorter then my dually had and once in great while the truck felt "loose" if i got a blast of wind on the side of the rig.....but other then that its a great ride
Oh and on a side note.....just make sure the tires you have are rated for the loads its gonna be pulling.......My dually had "D" tires...i believe the burban i used had "E" on it

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-11-2003, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey Craig,
I didn't recognize your screen name because of the Cig avatar. Congrats on the purchase!!
I would tow it. The one thing that I hate about long tows with a heavy load is the added stress and mental drain. Be sure to allow time to rest up before the return trip. The one thing I can add is to be careful when passing or being passed by 18 wheelers. I tow the boat and my enclosed race trailer with a 3/4 ton F250 extra cab and the wind from them likes to push a non-dually truck around a bit. It can produce a little bit of forehead sweat when driving in construction zones with jersey walls on the yellow line at speeds above 45.
If you need any help, let me know.

Last edited by Shah Mat; 09-11-2003 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:15 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No doubt, tow it. Sydwayz brought up some good points on spare gear. Be sure and bring a grease gun to squirt the buddy bearings (hopefully it has them) at each gas stop. By the time you reach home you'll be an expert minus the ramp experience. The first time at the ramp is where you will feel a bit awkward handling a larger boat with a different routine to get it floated at the dock, and reversing the routine putting it back on the trailer. All in all, just be patient and attentive...

OBTW, CONGRATS DUDE!!!

Last edited by Reckless32; 09-11-2003 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Craig,
Latch on and tow the damn thing!!!!!!!! Towing is half the fun man. Show that Bullet off! I wouldn't let anyone else tow my boat man (well, maybe my buddy, he's really good at it).

Anyway, just tow the thing. Its fun and its cool.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know Craig. That is a real big boat for you to tow for the first time especially over a long distance. You might really want to consider hiring someone who does it all the time. I know of someone but he is kind of a prick and may charge too much but he can get it to you safely.

Just kidding, if you do decide to tow it yourself slow and easy is my best advice. If all else fails listen ot Sydwayz he speaks the truth. I have towed many boats and have all the adapters, hitches and straps. If you do go give me a call we may be heading out to Ohio the weekend of the 20th of Sept. Will definitely help in any way possible.

Good luck and congrats on the new boat.

Bill
Old 09-11-2003, 12:03 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take your time and go for it.....
Old 09-11-2003, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ThirdBird
Craig,
Latch on and tow the damn thing!!!!!!!! Towing is half the fun man. Show that Bullet off! I wouldn't let anyone else tow my boat man (well, maybe my buddy, he's really good at it).

Anyway, just tow the thing. Its fun and its cool.

Yeah, just imagine all the people drooling over your boat all the way home! You dont want to hire someone and let him get the credit for pulling a kick A$$ boat!

You'll have no problem on the open highway. Just always pay attention to the idiots in front of you and especially the ones coming in from siderows. Remember, they are all idiots!

Quick Reply: Trailering question- What would you do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.