Old 09-11-2003, 12:50 PM
packinair

Default This just sent to me.. don't shoot the messanger

Not trying to stir anything up just posting

Man missing after boating mishap is sued for millions
$4,000,000 was borrowed and not paid back

10:46 PM CDT on Wednesday, September 10, 2003

By Jeremy Desel / 11 News

SEABROOK – There's new information about a mystery involving a man missing for nearly two weeks after his boat hit a barge off Kemah. And authorities are hearing it may not have been an accident.

Mike Nixon was last seen at a boat dock in Seabrook. But no body knows for sure if he is alive or dead. The one thing that is sure is that the legal work in the case is already piling up.

Friends of Nixon say he knows how to live. He loves life, especially when at the wheel of one of his boats, which was called "Living Extra Large."

"Everybody around here likes this guy. He's a well-known captain," says boater Daniel Huston. "The nicest guy in the world."

Nixon was last seen filling his gas tanks at a dock in Seabrook. Hours later the wreckage of his boat, Living Extra Fast, was found in the Ship Channel. That was two weeks ago. There's still no sign of Nixon or a body.

But 11 News has learned that financial pressures on Nixon were mounting before his disappearance.

Nixon ran a company called Delta Crane based in an office building on Egret Bay Boulevard. A Minnesota bank filed a lawsuit Tuesday in Harris County District Court against Larry Michael Nixon, his company Delta Crane and several others including Nixon's ex-wife.

The suit alleges: "On February 25, 2003 Larry Nixon executed a written agreement providing a line of credit for $4,000,000."

The money was used but not paid back prompting the Bank according to the lawsuit to take action: "On August 5, 2003 provided Larry Nixon a notice of default, On September 2 made a demand for payment."

Nixon's boat crashed on August 27 and no body was ever found.

But the bank isn't the only one asking questions about Nixon and his business dealings. "There have been some calls we have received here," says Bob Dogium with the Houston office of the FBI. "And just like any other allegation, it's just that, at least for right now, an allegation. But it's our responsibility to look into it, try to dig into it a little bit and see if there's not something there."

The FBI is not calling it an official investigation, merely what they would call a preliminary inquiry in the case.

The attorney for Mike Nixon's estate did not return calls from 11 News.

However, Nixon's ex-wife says she is distraught and needs time to grieve. And that could be difficult until they find a body or more answers in this case.Click here for video

Old 09-11-2003, 01:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Now that would complicate things a little. Elaborate plan or accident?
Old 09-11-2003, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If he is alive and gets caught, his troubles just tripled.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is video of it too but I didn't want to get into this. If no one finds it disrespectful I can post the link. However it really doesn't say anything packinair didn't quote

I find this tragic and don't want to act like the reporters who don't give a dam

Roby
Old 09-11-2003, 01:46 PM
packinair

Originally posted by robyw1
There is video of it too but I didn't want to get into this. If no one finds it disrespectful I can post the link. However it really doesn't say anything packinair didn't quote

I find this tragic and don't want to act like the reporters who don't give a dam

Roby
there is a link to a video at the bottom of my post.. I again am not trying to be disrespectful or stir the pot

Old 09-11-2003, 02:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW! now this is a story that is going to be around for a bit, until he shows up dead or alive?

Suprised the board gods didn't Poof this or move it.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:10 PM
packinair

Originally posted by CAP071
Suprised the board gods didn't Poof this or move it.
I don't see why they would as long as people behave on the thread. It is just a link to a NEWS story and not mear speculation on my part.

Old 09-11-2003, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep us posted.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:26 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Who is Larry Nixon? Was that his 42 foot Baja that was pulled in peices out of Galvaston Bay?
Sounds like a sad story.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:33 PM
Registered

I posted this last night

Quick Reply: This just sent to me.. don't shoot the messanger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.