Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Since the board needs a first hand bad experience for the day...How about Milos >

Since the board needs a first hand bad experience for the day...How about Milos

Notices

Since the board needs a first hand bad experience for the day...How about Milos

Old 09-14-2003, 06:05 PM
Mr. Demeanor

Default Since the board needs a first hand bad experience for the day...How about Milos

After we sold our house last month and moved to the south side I was looking for a place to temporarily store our boat. I went over to Milos boat sales on 127th and Crawford and inquired about pricing. While there, I mentioned that I may be selling the boat and asked about consignment. I talked to Jack, the sales manager, and explained that I would like to put the boat up for sale. I brought the boat by and Jack was very suprised at the condition for a 1992 model. I'm a bit anal to say the least. Jack stated he wanted to put the boat on the showroom floor and I agreed as long as I could get to the boat and use it a couple times. All was agreed and I left the boat. I came back with a big bin to put all our stuff in a few days later and noticed the batteries were dead. Someone left the battery switch and stereo on. The sunpad and rear seat were covered with plastic but not the carpet that had just been cleaned. Jack got me a cord and we plugged in the charger. Stopped by a few days later and the battery switch was on again and the batteries were dead again. Same routine but I pulled the face off the stereo this time. After one week, I decided to take the boat for a ride so i called to come get it. They had it outside and ready to go. Batteries dead (I later found that both water pumps were left on with empty tanks..one is bured out), carpet is filthy, engine hatch lift is jammed in the down position, and my cockpit cover is missing. After 45 minutes of searching for my cover, we find it someone elses boat in another showroom. Its a custom cover so somebody just pitched it in there. So I take the boat for the Labor Day weekend but it rains. Tuesday, Jack calls and asks when Im bringing the boat back. I tell him that we need to work out somthing different and maybe show the boat by appointment since they dont tell people to take off their shoes. The guy starts raising his voive and calls me anal. I thought that was a bit unprofessional but, hes right...I am. I told him he was right and thats why my boat looked so good for its age and explained I wanted it to stay that way. His response....."Good luck selling your boat" and hung up the phone. The moral of the story? If your putting your boat on consignment, pull the batteries, carpet, and stay away from Milos!

Old 09-14-2003, 06:28 PM
Mr. Demeanor

Forgot to add. Had to replace both batteries.

Old 09-14-2003, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris,
I'm glad you decided to post this. Hopefully you have saved someone else from having his boat abused. In this economy you think these guys would try to get business instead of driving it away. I have bought parts from them when no on else has had them in stock. Now that Obnoxus is a certified Mercury dealer he will get all my parts business. I'll probably save a ton of money also.
Dan
Old 09-14-2003, 07:44 PM
Mr. Demeanor

I guess they didnt need my business. Luckily Walmart covers their batteries for 18 month free replacement so one of them was free. We are leaving for Florida next week with the lead sled in tow. Its silly to bring it back here since we are moving south so I would like to put it on consignment in Florida after we are done with it. I'm a little leary but I may ask around here for some recomendations on a place that wont destroy it. Looks like a Scarab CC or the Fountain Sportfish Cruiser could be in the near future if things pan out. Just need to find someone selling one who is going bankrupt, getting divorced, has 4 kids in college etc.

Old 09-14-2003, 08:47 PM
Allan4

I just never understand why people willingly ruin thier reputations like this guy did. Geeez.....how stupid do you have to be. He does not deserve to be in business, I would file a complaint with the BBB and local Chamber of Commerce....maybe save someone else the headaches you dealt with

Good luck...