Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
My Father is getting a VALVE JOB, has PNEUMONIA and a GAWL BLADDER FIX! >

My Father is getting a VALVE JOB, has PNEUMONIA and a GAWL BLADDER FIX!

Notices

My Father is getting a VALVE JOB, has PNEUMONIA and a GAWL BLADDER FIX!

Old 09-15-2003, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down My Father is getting a VALVE JOB, has PNEUMONIA and a GAWL BLADDER FIX!

At 6:30 this morning my father, 69 years old this month, is having heart valve replacement. He also has pneumonia and a gawl bladder problem. Over the last 20 years or so, he has had several heart attacks, quadruple by-pass, 2 coronary stents and now this. Among a multitude of other issues. Since last fallhe has had severe pain in his chest from time to time and has had a lot of difficulty breathing. In all my years (NEARLY 32) I have never seen him moan in pain and slump over a chair and ASK to go to the doctor. Well, a week ago this past Saturday night we rushed him from Lake George to his doctor in NJ and he was immediately admitted to the hospital. After dozens of tests, they determined he needed this valve replacement immediately. Why they did not figure this out a while back puzzles me. But anyway, a HUGE THANK YOU to Hot Boat, Excavator, and Mrs Excavator for the help in pulling the Skater in the middle of night and getting the house straightened out. He is in surgery this morning. They wanted to wait till the pneumonia passed but the heart surgeon said he could not wait and had to do it immediately. They said there is an issue with his gawl bladder as well. So hopefully this will rid him of the pain he has been in, and will allow him to live comfortably. Sorry for the rant, I was just thinking about him. Do you think they will use the same valves that Sterling uses?
Old 09-15-2003, 08:58 AM
Registered

Thanks Troutly!
Old 09-15-2003, 08:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shane I wish him the best of luck!! Jo
Old 09-15-2003, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

shane sorry to hear about you dad, let me know if you need anything, any help up at the house or anything, I don't have alot going on the next couple of weekends
Old 09-15-2003, 09:09 AM
Registered

Shane sorry to hear that bro, I have reccently went throught a lot of the same **** with my pop(58)

One time Doctor A tells you everything is fine and the next morning you rush him to the ER only to have Doctor B say he is not, then the next morning its open season on Doctor A

I hope everything goes OK for your dad.

BTW, I hear they are using the Manly/ Iconnel valve combo in hearts theese days
Old 09-15-2003, 09:21 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry to ear this, I hope for the best for your father and you guys.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our thoughts and prayers go out to your father and your family this morning. Stay strong and positive!

Keep us posted!

Julie
Old 09-15-2003, 10:37 AM
Registered

Thanks for all the thoughts and kind words everyone! Joe Todesco, Thrillseeker, Julie, GLH, T2x, etc etc THANKS!

hugetime1,

Thanks for the offer. I went to the lake this weekend and got all my work done. Formula and PWC's winterized and put away. Going up tomorrow or Wednesday night to put away dock furniture and pull the Skater back down here. Too many trees up there that could fall when Isabelle visits this weekend. I should be okay but I will let you know if I need anything. Your offer is very generous. Thanks again.

Shane
Old 09-15-2003, 12:49 PM
Registered

A bit of an update...just spoke to my mother and here is the deal. But first a correction. His first heart surgery was a triple by-pass not a quadruple.

The surgery started at 8:30am although he is taken in at 6:30am. It was more involved in some respects and a littel less in others. They were able to repair the valve he has and not replace it with a synthetic one. They said that it is better to repair the stock valve, than to replace it with an aftermarket version. That's the good news. The bad news is, he needed double by-pass surgery as well. They were able to do that at the same time. They are also hoping that once the heart is healed that the trouble with the lungs will lessen substantially. Apparently the fluid in the lungs, and the malfunctioning heart are directly/closely related in that either one can cause the others difficulty. Kind of like what came first the chicken or the egg. As far as teh gawl bladder goes, that is situation to be dealt with at a later date. Not a big deal according to the doctor. I would assume re-couperation will be a while but hopefully it will be complete. I think they are expecting a week in the hospital. Thanks for all the well wishes.
Old 09-15-2003, 01:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Shane my Prayers are with you. Please keep us posted.

Quick Reply: My Father is getting a VALVE JOB, has PNEUMONIA and a GAWL BLADDER FIX!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.