Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The Key West OS WORLDS are a GO, by Lee Mills!! >

The Key West OS WORLDS are a GO, by Lee Mills!!

Notices

The Key West OS WORLDS are a GO, by Lee Mills!!

Old 09-20-2003, 03:04 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Where is Alabama. oh the pilot will know where I'm going! Anyway off to APBA
Old 09-21-2003, 06:11 PM
Registered

Mr.Offshore, I think you paraphrased the situation very well and agree with you completely.
Old 09-22-2003, 09:35 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

well put MrOffshore. what bothered me about mr. mills letter is the way he has spun APBA's not sanctioning his race as a minor inconveniance and that it is "offshore worlds" as usual down there. give me a break!! very sad situation. if i had a bit more time i would gladly go to Alabama, sounds like it will be a good race venue. unfortunatly i have all my reservations and time off so i have to go to key west. i will also say one other thing, when im down there i will do my best to contribute to the local economy (its not there fault) but i will make damn sure not one dime of mine goes to his race. if i watch at all it will be from a distance.

110 boats . . . please . . . that guy ought to go into stand up comedy.

last year was my first time in Key West for the worlds and i swore i would never miss one down there. man i hope they can straighten it out so that the race will return to the keys in the future.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 09-22-2003, 10:56 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think Mr Offshore and Glass Dave about sum things up.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no race in Key West this year.
Time to focus on Orange Beach Alabama.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:27 AM
RJCat

Has anyone considered sending the last 5 posts in "letters to the editor" form, to the key west newspaper so the locals can see what's going on.

Old 09-22-2003, 12:58 PM
Registered

I have a few questions:

1. Wasn't Lee Mills part of the original group of investors in the LLC?

2. Wasn't Lee Mills a former member/officer of the LLC?

3. Did Mr. Mills loan the LLC and a specific individual money above and beyond the terms of the original investment in the LLC?

4. What happened when Mr. Mills asked to see a record of how and where that same money was spent?

5. Was that same money ever accounted for? Or was it lost in the "Abyss"?

6. Does the LLC still owe this money to Mr. Mills?

7. Did the LLC ever offer to repay this same money to Mr. Mills using APBA dues to be paid at the Worlds, which is money that is supposed to go to APBA Detroit for the upcoming years membership fees/dues?

8. Is Mr. Mills still a member/officer of the LLC? If not why not?

9. If he is not an officer but a debt holder of the LLC and they reorganize under another name, say...Offshore Racing League, and declare themselves insolvent, does that not free the LLC and its members of any liability to any possible monies owed to Mr. Mills if in fact there are any?

Before anyone jumps down my throat for not blindly following the LLC, or for supporting Mr. Mills, I am doing NEITHER! I am simply asking specific questions whose answers may or may NOT be based in material fact. I am just ASKING! Not insinuating or anything else. If anyone can provide more insight I am certain that it would be extremely helpful for all those concerned. Thank you in advance to anyone who may be able to shed some more light on this most unfortunate of circumstances.
Old 09-22-2003, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who do you believe?

The rumor I just heard is that APBA Michael Allweiss owes Mills 125,000 from a previous dept and wasn't invited to Key West until the dept was paid. Can this be true?
Old 09-22-2003, 01:29 PM
Registered

Originally posted by MrOffshore
After reading this thread I think back on what Lee Mills wrote, (paraphrasing here) that he doesn't typically resond to these sort of matters but felt compelled to because of his fans...well I can certainly say that from an outsiders view, it was a real mistake posting at all. The overwhelming majority of people who have posted here are pro APBA and anti-Lee Mills.

One thing is for certain that many of you are not seeing...there is no way anyone can consider the Key West race a World Championship...not in any manner whatsoever. This is a simple one event race, nothing more. I too will be surprised if his boat count is over 30...he says 110, I say I'd like to have some of his prescription meds because the world must look pretty rosy when you're on them.

I certainly can understand the APBA's position here. Mills attempts to hold them hostage and it didn't work. The APBA could have caved in but I don't know that that would have been the right thing to do. It would have been the easy thing to do, but not the right thing. You can't let people renogotiate contracts after agreements have been made. Lee Mills is the crook here, plain and simple. If you choose to support his race you are supporting everything that is tearing this sport apart. We don't need any additional sanctioning bodies in the offshore business...not that Mills will ever succeed, but why support anything that is counterproductive to the well being of our sport. Let him burn himself and he'll fade away in complete and total embarrassment.

I haven't always agreed with everything that the APBA has done, but I think it's pretty easy to see that they have a plan (it doesn't always unfold the way we or they would like) but it is the best plan and they are honestly interested in the well-being of the sport.

Many of you are upset that you weren't told earlier than this, I can certainly understand your frustration, it is proving to be a costly problem for many...but I would think the APBA was hopefult that things would come together and Mills would understand what he was doing was wrong...apparently he didn't, I think he will realize this when he is at his first drivers meeting talking to a handful of people racing P-Class with their recreational boats (note I didn't say offshore boats).

In closing I can add that I won't be attending nor supporting Mills efforts. Key West is not happening this year and I won't be in attendance. Lee, your greed has gotten the best of you, what a shame.
Then based on this logic, if I am not mistaken, only 2 APBA LLC Offshore races this year were actually APBA Sanctioned events. If the LLC went out and procured their own insurance and continued to race under teh APBA Offshore name, but in fact had no sanctioning to do so, what were the racers really racing for? A trophy? Maybe a modest payout? Under this scenario it would appear to me that there will be no APBA National Champions or high points champions in 2003. Unless you just use th 2 races that actually were sanctioned as the basis for the national titles. Seems to me that none of this is as cut and dry as we would all like it to be. There also seems to be no clear winners in any of this. Only people who have lost. Fans, racers, sponsors, promoters, local venues and their businesses, APBA Detroit, APBA LLC., etc etc etc! No matter who is right or who is wrong it just plain old SUCKS all the way around.
Old 09-22-2003, 01:31 PM
Registered

Default Re: Who do you believe?

Originally posted by JimV
The rumor I just heard is that APBA Michael Allweiss owes Mills 125,000 from a previous dept and wasn't invited to Key West until the dept was paid. Can this be true?
Hmmmmmmmm, see my post above. The same little birdy that visited you, must have visited me as well.
Old 09-22-2003, 02:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

In spite of the colorful comments we have had to read about ourselves. I guarantee that none of your brothers at SBI ever wished for this. If Shane and Trent are correct it's even worse than any of us imagined.
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.

Quick Reply: The Key West OS WORLDS are a GO, by Lee Mills!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.