Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The Key West OS WORLDS are a GO, by Lee Mills!! >

The Key West OS WORLDS are a GO, by Lee Mills!!

Notices

The Key West OS WORLDS are a GO, by Lee Mills!!

Old 09-19-2003, 11:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by eMotiondriver
Not even a reach around!!!!!!

Funniest post/pic EVER on OSO. I just found my new screen saver.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:34 AM
Registered

-- APBA Offshore Pulled Away from the Key West Event
(The following message was provided by Formula Racing)

APBA Offshore has announced a sudden change of dates and venue for APBA Pro-Series Offshore World Championship races.

APBA Offshore Race moves from Key West to Orange Beach, Alabama. Race week will now be November 10-16, 2003.

The Key West race promoter refused to comply with APBA sanctioning requirements and was promoting the race as not being associated with APBA. Thus, APBA Offshore feels compelled to pull away from the Key West event. Formula Racing has historically raced
under the 100 year-old APBA Offshore series, and our desire is to compete in the "Official" APBA World Championships. It is in this Official series that Championships bring the credibility to our race efforts and to you, our loyal sponsors. Thus, we will now be racing in Orange Beach, Alabama on Wednesday,
November 12, Saturday, November 15 and Sunday, November 16.
Old 09-19-2003, 01:35 PM
BDFREE

Thumbs up

FORMULA NICELY SAID

Old 09-19-2003, 04:52 PM
Registered

Since noone will be racing at the APBfake Worlds this seems like a perfect time to get into offshore racing. All I have to do is show up with a bad-a** paddleboat paddle a couple of laps and bingo! I'm crowned Mr. APBfake World Champion!!!! Now that's something to shoot for! Anyways see you guys in Alabama for the real APBA Worlds! Yeee hawww!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2003, 08:31 PM
Registered

Shoregasam/Dave, I can see your point, however, it can also be understood that if APBA allowed Mills to get away with what he was pulling, it would set a bad precedent. BK, in post # 75, came to the same conclusion. And all of the possible "fall-out" that others have alluded to, (tv coverage, sponsorships, etc) could very easily have become reality. Don't get me wrong, I think this whole things sucks. I own my business that is responsible for my being able to make a living. And yes sometimes you have to "take it on the chin" for the "good of whatever". BUT, sometimes you just have to stand up for what you think is right. I greatly symphathize for all the innocent people who have gotten hurt in all of this, but I really do not think it is APBA-Offshore's fault. I think they are trying to make the best of a horrible situation that was forced upon them. Just my two cents worth. Outlaw
Old 09-19-2003, 08:37 PM
Registered

someone please explain to me why this event can't be held unless it goes through Mills?

is he the Don King of Key West?
Old 09-19-2003, 08:51 PM
Registered

Speaking of Mills.....no replies?
Old 09-19-2003, 09:08 PM
Registered

Because APBA-Offshore had a contract with Mills to produce the Key West event. Mills welched on the contract and on committments he's agreed to forcing APBA to withdraw.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:35 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Unhappy

This is so depressing...
I feel bad for all the racers, fans, sponsors and the tourist industry that counts on a good turn out at the race.
Perhaps it may get better next year. Afterall, it doesn't seem things could get much worse....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-20-2003, 09:35 AM
JKK
Registered

Point is none of this should have happen at the last minute, Period! There was a comment about someone saying if a customer came in to pick up there product and then didn't want to pay the agreed price would you go through with the transaction at a lower price, the post agreed with the APBA, well my take is if it was an important big ticket item that effected many people and was to be picked up at a future date, my company would sure and the hell get a large enough non-refundable deposit to make that argument very difficult for the customer, most likely paid in full prior to the pick up date, and I would have a much tighter contract ensuring it would cost much more not to sanction the race when it was all said and done. Business is Business and you do not see this crap in any other motorsport, actually you only see this on the APBA National circuit. It is everyones fault involved, take sides as much as you want, it won't stop until the racers, fans and sponsors make it stop and stand up for there rights and stop letting these guys screw us over every chance they get.........It is starting to make this sport NOT fun, and isn't that why we all enjoy it. Maybe we should all just Poker Run for awhile until they figure it out!!!!!

Quick Reply: The Key West OS WORLDS are a GO, by Lee Mills!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.