Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   2004 Miami - New York Race ....$10,000,000 Purse (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/59685-2004-miami-new-york-race-%2410-000-000-purse.html)

tachyon 09-30-2003 07:43 AM

JO - PANTERABOATS,

Any other details besides the $50k entry fee?

ClockworkOrange 09-30-2003 12:52 PM

I called,

And wanted info and all I got was
A. A guy that said " hello" when he answered and then no longer spoke english...
B. Some girl who barely spoke english and knew nothing about boats or information on this event. Her response to that was "check the website" , I then continued to tell her I was on it and there was no info available.

This sucks, I would love to do this and could definatly make it happen but I must say unfortunatly , "it sounds like Bull ****"!

SHARKEY-IMAGES 09-30-2003 04:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by JO - PANTERABOATS
I broke the Miami to New York outboard record back on Aug 18,1978 in a 24' Pantera w/ twin 2.4 Mercury OB. We did it for the love of the sport and because a lot of people said it could not be done in a 24' boat! Now, for $10,000000 I would try to swim to NY! Later, Pepe @ Pantera
I always wanted to attempt it w/the 13 footer...:eek:
Then I just came to my senses and chose to run in the long Poker Runs instead..:D :D :D
Congrats on your achievement Jo! It's great to see outboards finish in such an endurance event!:cool:

HyperBaja 09-30-2003 04:28 PM

Those pussies, I could do it in the 19 Baja with 190V6 hp, Through Isabel!!!!

Bring em on!!

Hauling Trash 09-30-2003 07:32 PM

The web site is up and running.

Mike

SHARKEY-IMAGES 09-30-2003 08:04 PM

Originally posted by Hauling Trash
The web site is up and running.

Mike

But has no information on it....:rolleyes:
Every link you click on except for Contact info has: COMING SOON all over it.
Launched before it was even finished...
What's up with that?:confused:

It has a nice start though...Let's all hope that something comes out of it.......;)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 09-30-2003 08:10 PM

Not me... But being a Pit Crew would be a wild trip!;) :D :D

bn 09-30-2003 08:25 PM

I'd be interested, but 50k sounds like a bit much for an entry fee. They should reduce the prize $$ and in turn reduce the entry fee like cashbrain said.

rainmn 09-30-2003 10:49 PM

I don't have the $$ (Or the boat, for that matter) but I would love to see it happen. I'd volunteer in any way I could just to be involved with it.

JO - PANTERABOATS 10-01-2003 05:43 AM

Personally, I don't know of too many people making a living racing, but i do know of a lot of people who race because they love the competition! You can count us in! I would like to see only (hopefully) two classes: Inboards and Outboards! Keep O/B in a smaller length and the I/O in the larger boats. Keep it simple!!! Low entry fee and a" real nice trophy" Maybe 3to4 check points to fuel and run like hell!!! The best time to do it would be around the end of July to beginning of August. If I can be of any help setting the run I will be happy to help. I have been thinking for a while to make an ocean crossing from Bermuda to New York on a fourth of July, for that, because of logistics I would need a major sponsor, i am in the negotiations stage @ the present time. Later, Pepe "not Jo"@ Pantera.