Like Tree0Likes

Jacksonville Poker run, Thanks Ryan Beckly

Old 09-23-2003, 05:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

THE ORIGINAL PLAN WAS TOO THE BRIDGE BUT SOME HOW THAT WAS MIS INTERPRETED. BUT ITS OVER AND WHAT IS DONE IS DONE. WE WILL FIX THE PROBLEM FOR NEXT YEAR
Old 09-23-2003, 05:16 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2000 Campion Chase 910

For it only being the second year, it was a well run event. Hats off to Bill and his crew. There is room for improvement and I hope the first thing they do for next year is have more people at the stops actually keeping track of the boats. That would take care of this issue of who made it to the first stop first. The best thing is to draw a card at each stop. That way everyone makes all the stops to have a chance at the prize.
There were a lot of boats that never made the third stop..the long run down to Palacka. If I knew no one was keeping track I wouldn't have burned all the gas down there and back, especially since there weren't any boats to really run with. I would've gone straight to the lunch stop.

As far as the fastest boat there...I don't think anyone would top the 142 the Nortech cat ran but we all know the fastest boat doesn't always win the race. Congrats to Ryan.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:25 PM
Registered

My Boats: 89 Cigarette Bullet

If it was the bridge like i thought it was, who got there first? Dee, Ryan or the Jokers Wild?
Old 09-23-2003, 06:28 PM
Registered

My Boats: 89 Cigarette Bullet

I do want to add this though, Bill and crew did a hell of a job and we had a great time! wish i coulda gotten there for the friday run and will make sure i can if they do it next year! We have alot of pics to post and will as soon as we get them back. I just hope the developer doesnt censor some of the flashes!
Old 09-23-2003, 06:54 PM
Racer
Racer

My Boats: 1987 24 Skater, 2006 30 Skater

Too Old that pic was actually from St Cloud earlier this year. We din't wear helmets in the run just life jackets. We also had a back seat passenger/navigator. We aren't sure which bridge but were were the first boat to the bridge we came off of plane at. The other big bridge the is some doubt as to who was there first. We are not sure if we had passed No Fear at that point or not. We kinda think he had slowed down already and we were ahead. Like I said we weren't racing for the bridge were were running to the card stop. A fun run altogether next year they should give cards at the stops though and make all the stops mandatory.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Ryan

That was the plan but there was a failure in communication. That will be fixed for next year along with the addition of more stops.
Old 09-23-2003, 07:58 PM
Registered

My Boats: Velocity 41'
Default Great Run

I personally want to thank all the people involved and all the sponsors for putting on another fine event. I think all the members of the Carolina Power Boat Association that were able to come down really had a wonderful time and we all enjoyed the fellowship.
Hopefully the event can continue to grow and become even better. I met a lot of great people there and also enjoyed talking to some of the other members of OSO that I had communicated with here on this site.

Steve Teeter
Old 09-23-2003, 09:01 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

My Boats: poker runs offshore racing

so i can't afford one thoe's Bigun's like some of my Friend's have..am i jealous heck yea.

Hey Dee thanks for the entertainment I am already looking forward to next year and just remember there is always room for your boat on the river.
Attached Thumbnails
Jacksonville Poker run, Thanks Ryan Beckly-pdrm0988.jpg  

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 09-23-2003, 09:10 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

My Boats: poker runs offshore racing

Well this was our first Poker Run in Jacksonville. Sonya and I would like to personally thank Bill Pyburn and his sponsors for putting on one of the best poker runs we have been to. We are looking forward to next year. Thanks again.

David and Sonya
Attached Thumbnails
Jacksonville Poker run, Thanks Ryan Beckly-pdrm0987.jpg  

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 09-23-2003, 09:14 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2001 Warroir Power Cat
Angry

Dang ,i knew it jim said go rt & i went left thank's David, for showing me such a BIG Lettered Sign. I'll pay attention next year ummm hopefully. Btw That is a awesome ride you have. if i can catch you around the sandbar b4 the year's out maybe i can hitch a ride in it.