Notices

Apba Sound Off!

Old 09-21-2003, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thejoker:

I would support anyone who could put a good season together and not rob the teams or a city.

Like Larry would, "Just getter done".
Old 09-21-2003, 07:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From my 12 friends who had plans for KW and can no longer go!
Attached Images  
Old 09-21-2003, 08:04 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I would support anyone who could put a good season together and not rob the teams or a city.
So I guess we'll be seeing you in Cambridge MD to run with OPA this coming weekend?????

This will be OPA's fifth race of the season without cancellation, and with purses paid. This race has a 20K purse that will be split between the five P classes. Nice payout.

No BS, no robbery. Just racing at the Hyatt. And some Golf on Friday afternoon.

http://cbpba.com/offshoreracing/
Old 09-21-2003, 08:06 PM
Registered

Hey Cap,

We'll be there proably at Hog's Breath , no we will be at Hog's Breath on the 18th.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:09 PM
Registered

Ron I may come down we are on the poker run with Jeffj, and our plans were to do the poker run then come down on a crusier and spend the night. But the hurricane hurt our plans.

My boat is dead as of now....Need a power head..
Old 09-21-2003, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Joker (Brian Hollis)

I first met Brian Hollis at our mutual "first race" in 1999. Since that time he has become a F-1 world champion, gone swimming at 70 mph (St Pete), volunteered to help APBA Offshore marketing/PR, become a boat builder (Joker), participated as a non-owner throttleman, and raced in F-1, Super Vee Light and P-Class.

Agree with him or not, he has a pretty good "perspective" of what is going on (or at least better than most).

The Offshore Racing world is not perfect by any means, but I personally respect Brian's opinion. He has seen "current day" offshore racing from most every angle.
Old 09-21-2003, 10:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Equalizer:

I wish my head was that big , Not World Champion in F1 - SE Champion - and I was pitched at 80 mph - haha. Hey you left out Rookie of The Year - nice to have an ally on this board though. I guess I'm branded as an ass but I support those who support me , don't we all though. BH
Old 09-21-2003, 11:12 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Brian I do not think that people not agreeing with you on a certrain issue makes us feel that you are a ass!!! Man I will never forget the great thing you did for me with the seats!!! Some times people see issues form different angles. The reason that I no longer can even think about racing with APBA is due to all the changes that they make in thier schedualls. I think that this is hurting them more then they are willing to admit. Not only with the teams but also the fans. All they have to do is read all the negative feedback that they are getting on this latest deal to know that it is not possitive

Jon

Jon
Old 09-22-2003, 07:05 AM
Registered

Dare I step into the quagmire?

The one thought that came to me as I was reading the APBA notice was how sad for the sport that everyone racing has invested $200k-$300k in their boat and the organization can't scrape up $200k to keep their most important race of the year going.

-Greg
Old 09-22-2003, 07:29 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike I do not think about racing any more. I used to but it is messes like this whole Key West deal that keep me from even considering it again. There is absolutly zero consideration from APBA to the racers as far as I am concerned so I just lost interest. I am not of the financial means to be able to just be able to pick up and drive another 1000 miles hear or 1500 miles there or make commitments to what little sponsership we were able to drum up and then have to apologize to them later because a race is cancelled.

Jon

Quick Reply: Apba Sound Off!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.