Notices

Poor Donzi

Old 09-20-2003, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Poor Donzi

What’s up with the current issue of Powerboat Magazine. They have a full-spread in which a Donzi F2 boat is shown frame-by-frame rolling over in what appears to be very calm conditions. If I were Donzi Management, I would be less than thrilled. It’s like having a full-spread ad saying “Here’s what happens with Donzi’s big stepped-hull boats”.

Old 09-20-2003, 03:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that the same edition with the article by Lee Kimmel?
Old 09-20-2003, 03:49 PM
Registered

Originally posted by cuda
Is that the same edition with the article by Lee Kimmel?
It's the October/November issue. I don't know if it's the issue with the article you referred to since I don't read the articles. When I want to read magazine artilces, I buy Playboy.

Old 09-20-2003, 04:23 PM

I can see you don.t pay attention to racing much!
That was the first race of the Season and a new owner that didn't know the boat well,
Also if the water may look calm but is was real bad we lost a racer from NJ driving his Formula.

Donzi is leading in points with there Team Donzi boat this year.

As far as the way the 38ZR drives, she is one of the most stable boats made.
Old 09-20-2003, 04:28 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Shanghied Again
I can see you don.t pay attention to racing much!
That was the first race of the Season and a new owner that didn't know the boat well,
Also if the water may look calm but is was real bad we lost a racer from NJ driving his Formula.

Donzi is leading in points with there Team Donzi boat this year.

As far as the way the 38ZR drives, she is one of the most stable boats made.
I knew someone was going to say that. My point is this:

There are a lot of prospective buyers out there who don't pay attention to racing. They just see those pictures and say "WOW - I don't want one of those Donzi boats!!" Am I wrong or does Dozni only care about selling boat to people who follow Offshore Racing?
Old 09-20-2003, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Too Old
I think we can find boats by most any performance manufacturer that have been upside down, delaminated or had some other problem.

I've seen the pictures and I'd buy a 38ZR tomorrow.
Would you put it in the water???
Old 09-20-2003, 04:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with you 29 Outlaw. True I would love to own a boat like that. But even a few friends of mine who own boats similar to that said the same thing. Yes I know all boats have accidents but to have a full spread of your boat flipping like that. The average Joe boater who knows nothing about racing and is just into boating is going to look at that picture and think different. It would be like if you had a report on suv's flipping over but only used pictures of a chevy in the whole report.

I had a guy in work who owns a 30 ft fishing boat take one look at that picture and he said " Damn see that's why I would never buy a boat like that. Thats why I keep telling you to get into fishing ! "

I told him more fishermen have been killed then speedboaters. sad but probably true.

Now try to convince Him that that boat is safe would be damn near impossible.
Old 09-20-2003, 05:11 PM
Registered

The magazines always have pictures of boats flipping, rolling, etc and that’s fine. I just think that spread was a bit too much. A person turns the page and sees a full-spread, close-up of huge Donzi completely inverted about 4 feet above the water. If I built that boat, I would be less than thrilled. That was my original point.
Old 09-20-2003, 05:18 PM
Banned

Originally posted by MrOffshore
Too Old you are dead on right...
READ THIS...any boat can flip...if you don't realize that you shouldn't be in one.
Now those are some very true words. It should be printed on page 1, chapter 1, on how to operate a boat!
Old 09-20-2003, 05:19 PM

But if you look further on, There they have a Donzi winning with big red.
Now if you don't remember the early years when Cigarette was the only boat known to race and crash, Everyone wanted them. The same person looking at that magazine will see 2 Donzis, One crashing the other one winning and then a big spread on Lee Kimmel the man behind the wheel of Donzi. I don't think the flipping Donzi would hurt there reputation. Powerboat actually was more on Donzi last month then anyone.
I drove the 38ZR it is one incredible boat.

Quick Reply: Poor Donzi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.