Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Norris Lake Tn and Twin Cove Marina (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/59823-norris-lake-tn-twin-cove-marina.html)

BAD-HABIT 09-22-2003 04:04 PM

Norris Lake Tn and Twin Cove Marina

Just wondering everyones thoughts on Norris Lake TN. Thinking of making a 3 or 4 day trip there early next week. Been to Cumberland but never Norris. Thinking of staying at Twin Cove Marina....Thoughts,comments anyone???

BH

DONZI 09-22-2003 05:54 PM

I was down there this Aug. for a few days.It was nice.We mostly did watersports during the day.It has some nice coves to hang out,real flat water but deep & safe.It"s out in the hills,so no nite life.One nice restaurant at Deerfield resort.
Have fun.
Ken

duunoit 09-22-2003 06:12 PM

my neck of the woods

Bad Habit,
That would be my neck of the woods. I spent alot of time there when I was a kid when my dad lived out there. Like Donzi said, clean, flat and deep. There is one spot (Loyston Sea) that is about 2 miles across. Let me know if you need a map and I'll see if I can hook you up with one.

duunoit

BAD-HABIT 09-23-2003 03:44 AM

Re: my neck of the woods

Originally posted by duunoit
Bad Habit,
That would be my neck of the woods. I spent alot of time there when I was a kid when my dad lived out there. Like Donzi said, clean, flat and deep. There is one spot (Loyston Sea) that is about 2 miles across. Let me know if you need a map and I'll see if I can hook you up with one.

duunoit

A map would be great! Anything showing Locations of Marinas would help also....Are you familar with Twin Cove Marina? This is where it looks like we will be staying....Thoughts?
www.twincovemarina.com

BH

lottawatta 09-23-2003 06:51 AM

Make sure you hit Sequoyah Marina on Friday night for Wings and Corona! I am not sure if they still do it this late in the season, but during the summer, they have wings Friday night, and the dock is one big gathering!
Enjoy!

Clay Washington 09-23-2003 08:50 AM

Map

Here is a map of Norris Lake :cool:

Dd24skater 09-23-2003 01:45 PM

Spring's dock used to be pretty nice, but I haven't been there in a couple of years

Nice Lake alot like Dale Hollow

Just my 2 cents

Dd

Clay Washington 09-23-2003 03:13 PM

Norris is a beautiful lake. However, there is no "party cove", and there is no nightlife.

You need to go to Norris at least once, but I think that Cumberland is better! :)

Bobnoxious 09-23-2003 03:24 PM

I kept my boat there for 3 years at Mountain lake marina. I loved the lake water is always flat and warm, but there is nothing to do but boat boat and boat. If you want do do something you will be heading to Knoxville email me I live on Loudon and like it better

duunoit 09-23-2003 04:39 PM

Bad Habit,
When are you planning on coming down this way? Send me your address and I will mail the map to you. My buddy is supposed to bring it back to me tomorrow.

Chris