Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT/ Just looked at the 04 F150 . Are they nuts !?!? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/59852-ot-just-looked-04-f150-they-nuts.html)

hitman 09-23-2003 01:21 AM

If you believe anything FORD has to say or do about their products, you are as dumb as their engineers that designed them!!! FORDS SUCK case closed...

Wild 09-23-2003 05:20 AM

Just wait until 05, they are going to make all of the 250s and 350 like the TONKA trucks. Then I will get a new one

cuda 09-23-2003 06:27 AM

Originally posted by hitman
If you believe anything FORD has to say or do about their products, you are as dumb as their engineers that designed them!!! FORDS SUCK case closed...
I beg to differ with you. I couldn't be happier than I was with my last two F 150's. My last one was a 99 Lariat 4x4. I put 122k miles on it with only changing an alternator at 111k. I worked the piss out of this truck, pulling boats, travel trailer, and hauling tile on it. The only time I ever lifted the hood was to give someone else a jump. It still looked and ran perfect when I sold it. The only reason I sold was I bought a bigger boat and needed to move to a 3/4 ton.

Rocky Dell 09-23-2003 06:33 AM

If anyone is interested in buying an F150, there's about 14% markup.

Audiofn 09-23-2003 07:19 AM

The Ford trucks are not so bad it is the service that sucks in my area. They are so out of touch it is not funny. I seem to be making some headway with my dealer however as some of my suggestions to them are sinking in (at leaste with me anyhow). We shall see but my 350 is going in for a new leaf spring that it dropped out of the truck some place. I hope it is not sticking into some ones head right now on the highway!!!

Jon

Ranman 09-23-2003 07:36 AM

I really like the new F-150. These trucks are great. I'm currently on an 02 SuperCrew Lariat 4X4. When my lease is up, it's on to the 04.

I think the 9000lb+ towing capacity is with an option that gives you 7 lug axles. My guess is that 99% of the standard F-150 4X4's will have the tow capacity more in the 7000lb range like the previous models.

HebertNecessity 09-23-2003 08:11 AM

I like the look of the new Ford, I just priced out a new F150 lariat supercrew loaded, 4x2 31k. Not too bad and I don't want bigger tires, it's for my wife. with my package the tow rating is 8500 has a new updated tranny with cooler. I tow a boat about 3 times a year.

robyw1 09-23-2003 08:17 AM

I think the new Dodge is the best looking truck ever. The F150 has nothing on it in my opinion. I just wish they would hurry up with that 525HP V-10 model.

Roby

Tim G. 09-23-2003 08:22 AM

We've all seen it. Has anybody towed with it?

Well now...
The new F150 looks nice. That's nice.
9000lb? Not with me behind the wheel!
Many of you have towing experience and understand what I'm talking about, some of you do not.
It's nice to have power to get your load rolling, but that's not the half of it. It's even nicer to be able to stop and turn your load once it's moving.

Ford shoulf just discontinue the F250 if the 150 will actually handle the 9000 well. I assure you that they won't...
Like previously stated... a great deal of these trucks will be set up to pull 7000lb. I think that's the better situation.
I've had a few different trucks, and for some reason... I currently have a crew cab, dually, 4x4.... Do you think I would have that truck if I thought a 1/2 ton could pull my 28' Pantera safely?? Nope.

Maybe it's a mericle truck...
But I'm going to wait for someone else to buy the thing and hook a real trailer to it.. then sing the F150 song...

"Have you crashed into the car in front of you lately?"

Tim G. 09-23-2003 08:27 AM

Hebert- Not trying to squash your dreams of a new F150... but...
You say you tow three times a year. Does that warrant trading in the wifes mini van and sticking her in a truck she doesn't want to drive?
You can rent a real HD truck for those three tows for a lot less than a payment on that new truck.
Atlantic Ford here in Lauderdale rents F350s...and F650s. Yes, they rent crew duallys...
Just a thought. Just trying to help you save money...
Hmmm. I can hear you thinking.. "now I don't need to buy the truck... Now I can go for the HP500 in the Pantera rather than the 496HO..." Yep, you can.