Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT/ Just looked at the 04 F150 . Are they nuts !?!? >

OT/ Just looked at the 04 F150 . Are they nuts !?!?

Notices

OT/ Just looked at the 04 F150 . Are they nuts !?!?

Old 09-23-2003, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

As for the price I stated, This dealer ,I dought would drop $300 ! I know there is big mark up on window sticks , I sell trucks !

I do like the trucks though , it's just crazy what they get for them ! OR ASK FOR THEM !
Old 09-23-2003, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the new truck, the F150 is the best selling truck so something must be right with them. I have an 02 FX4 Supercrew that I'm very pleased with. The new Tonka truck that is in the works is just awesome. And the new Lightning in the works is wicked.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:49 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by hitman
If you believe anything FORD has to say or do about their products, you are as dumb as their engineers that designed them!!! FORDS SUCK case closed...
Nice post (for your 4th)- full of factual information.
Might want to re-think this before calling quite a few OSO'ers dumb...........
Old 09-23-2003, 09:17 AM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!

I do like the trucks though , it's just crazy what they get for them ! OR ASK FOR THEM !
I know what ya mean, Boot. I was shopping for an older USED pickup or SUV, and I was amazed at how proud everyone is of their trucks! I guess the price just went up on my tired old Dodge!
Old 09-23-2003, 09:34 AM
Registered

The new body style is actually available in a 150 and light duty 250 for those who do not want to buy the super duty.
I believe that is where you can get up to a 9000lbs towing capacity

Scott
Old 09-23-2003, 09:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Frank Davis, chief engineer for the new F-150, has been a part of the new F-150 since day one, nearly 4 years ago. Frank is quite proud of his truck, calling it "my baby." Frank's aim with the new F-150 was to provide "unquestioned leadership" and to "redefine the market." "If you look at the heritage of the F-series, its really been about three things: tough, capable and dependable", said Frank. "This vehicle will be the toughest, most capable F-150 yet... We've put in over five million miles in the testing of this vehicle." The frame is nine times stiffer in torsion and two times stiffer in bending over the current generation F-150. Payload is 3000lbs., 800lbs more than Ford's closest competitor. Towing is 9500lbs, up 700lbs from the current F-150.

Okay, Now wait a minute...With a payload of 3000#, wouldn't that make it a 1-and-a-half-ton truck??

I don't get it. I sure as hell wouldn't be hauling around 3000#, nor towing 9500# with any truck in this size range? What are they thinking.

I do like the styling, though.

Article and pictures:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/...f150drive.html
Old 09-23-2003, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Good point JAFO ! The guy is a real tribute to the board !

Budman, if you keep your truck long enough it will be worth what you paid for it again !

As for the TONKA, straight from the horses mouth ," It will never be availible to the public "..........

This was told to me from the design engineer . I dont' see why not . I actualy had plans of getting one if I could .
Old 09-23-2003, 02:08 PM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!

Budman, if you keep your truck long enough it will be worth what you paid for it again
It's a '92 - probably have a while to wait! Actually, my '67 and '69 Camaros are probably worth more than my boat and truck put together!
Old 09-23-2003, 02:13 PM
Registered

The new body style is actually available in a 150 and light duty 250 for those who do not want to buy the super duty.
Pachanga, I looked at a '97 F250 that was based on the F150 platform a few weeks ago. It did have the 8-lug axles on it. Also had some type of load-leveling device that involved air bags and a compressor. Wonder if they beefed up the tranny any? I didn't know they were producing the "light duty" F250 any more - just the F250 SD as far as I know. Anyone have any info on this.

Regarding the payloads, they don't seem to make sense, do they? I would imagine that an F350 could hold more than 2000 lb without too much trouble. Hell, I've hauled close to that in my Dakota!
Old 09-23-2003, 03:24 PM
voodoo

It was my understanding this truck was rushed to market to help lagging sales. I have not taken the time to look but I have been told it is very heavy as compared to the old F-150. More power but more weight! I sat in one the other day while getting my car worked on and would say the dash is quite futuristic. I'm not interested though as I have got my last 1/2 ton truck. I always have told myself I don't need a 3/4 ton truck because I don't tow that much. Truth of the matter is even if I only towed my boat once per year I'd rather do it with the right equipment.

Quick Reply: OT/ Just looked at the 04 F150 . Are they nuts !?!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.