Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Can the Power of OSO help me? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/59856-can-power-oso-help-me.html)

ChrisK 09-22-2003 10:14 PM

Can the Power of OSO help me?

So I need two things and lets see if the power of OSO can help me.

First the big one. I need to ship a 20' Container from Orlando to Curacao(the Island right next to Aruba FYI) on Monday or Tuesday of next week. Is anyone here a freight forwarder, or know of one I can get an awsome deal with. This is the first of hopefully many more to come. Because I am not near a port, I will need to have the container delivered to Orlando, then picked back up the next day or two later to be shipped out of either the port of Miami, or the Port of Everglades.

The next one is not as large like i said. I need a palm pilot style organizer for my now full to the max day. I have never had an organizer of any kind, but am quickly finding I need one. Any suggestions, or better yet anyone SELL them??

I KNOW I wont be let down :D .

clearcut3 09-22-2003 10:29 PM

Go to Best Buy. Buy the Palm M515. I have had several and it is sweet. You can store images, open office files (word, excel, powerpoint), and sync you email (if you need that).

If you don't need all the crap I mentioned above just buy the $99 one. It will be all you need if you just want an address book/organizer. Then again for only $200 more you get the works.

Go to Best Buy and play with them a little and see what you like. The people there can help you with them.

ChrisK 09-22-2003 11:11 PM

I found a new one on Ebay for like $59... they said it was $99 new... that might be the one you are talking about. I was looking at the new DELL ones... heard they are nice...

Wasabe 09-22-2003 11:12 PM

Chris,
Hey I do imports and exports internationally. However I will see what I can do.
My Work E-mail is [email protected]
Do you know the weight?

As for Palms I love my I705. I have Internet access. My upgrade in the future will be the Palm Tungsten.

puder 09-22-2003 11:15 PM

wasabe you are in international shipping?

Wasabe 09-22-2003 11:22 PM

Yes I am. I import Goods from Japan. And forward to the rest of our world wide offices and warehouses.

ChrisK 09-23-2003 07:51 AM

I am not sure fo the weight. I would say a lot. It is building supplies like I said. 70 Bundles of shingles, solid surface counter top material, complete kitchen and 2 bathroom cabinets, wirlpool tub, 1100 SqF of tile with mortar and grout, 410 planks of hardy board siding, hot water heater, tools.. shall I go on? hehe... So needless to say... It has some weight in it.

Edit... I forgot the A/C system also... I am sending down a full central air system with pump and handler as well.

clearcut3 09-23-2003 08:00 AM

Originally posted by ChrisK
I found a new one on Ebay for like $59... they said it was $99 new... that might be the one you are talking about. I was looking at the new DELL ones... heard they are nice...
I haven't seen the Dell PDA's yet. They are all fairly simple to get used to. I have had Palm and Handspring and I liked both. Switching from one to the other was easy because they both utilize the Palm based software. Good luck, you probably can't go wrong with any of the choices out there. Beware, once you get used to using it you will feel LOST if something happens to it. I have destroyed two and it sure is nice to buy a new one, pop it in the cradle, and walla your information is all back again.

Cord 09-23-2003 08:23 AM

Highwayfreight.com They can provide you with a prompt quote in only a couple of hours. I've used them several times and I'm totally satisfied.

ChrisK 09-23-2003 10:31 AM

Highwayfreight looks like a over land carrier... I need someone with a shipper connection. It is going over seas.